Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Build 1034 Question

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
krmidas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 10

Build 1034 Question

Post by krmidas »

It's probably coincidental, but after installing 1034 (from 1033), I noticed some data had been corrupted. Some of my monthly and all-time records had changed. Most of the corruption was in the area of all time monthly hi and low dew points. But I also had some odd ones: the monthly high rain rate for February gave the January date, and October listed the August date.

I started to go through all the records and manually fix the anomalies, but then I remembered I have the data folder for Cumulus backed up, and the last backup was several weeks ago. I assume the easiest fix would be to shut down Cumulus, and overwrite some/most of the data folder from my backup drive to the Cumulus folder. Which files should I overwrite? All of them? I don't want to erase any data that was created after the backup was created.

-Tom
Tom Keramidas, Lake Zurich, IL, USA
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Build 1034 Question

Post by steve »

The monthly all-time records are in monthlyalltime.ini. That should be the only file you need.
Steve
krmidas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by krmidas »

Thanks!

If I make a manual change to a monthly record that would also qualify as an all-time record, does the all-time record automatically adjust, or do I need to manually change both monthly and all-time?
Tom Keramidas, Lake Zurich, IL, USA
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

They're independent, so you'd have to change both.
Steve