Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus will NOT FTP! HELP!

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Cumulus will NOT FTP! HELP!

Post by William Grimsley »

Hi Steve,

For some reason, Cumulus v1.9.4 is now having trouble trying to FTP to my website. I also tried, Cumulus v1.9.3 but that didn't work, either!

On my wxstatus.php page, Cumulus FTP is showing "NOT CURRENT" as well as, Cumulus Weather Data.

Why is this happening?

Thanks,

William
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus will NOT FTP! HELP!

Post by steve »

Well, obviously you screwed something up, as you do every time you install a new version of Cumulus, because of the non-recommended, error-prone way that you do the upgrades.

First of all, you do realise that 1.9.4 is a BETA? You do realise that the whole point of me releasing beta versions is so that people can help to test them? People who have more than half a clue what they're doing and can post useful bug reports, with useful diagnostics?

I haven't the faintest idea what this means:
On my wxstatus.php page, Cumulus FTP is showing "NOT CURRENT" as well as, Cumulus Weather Data.
so I can't help you.
Steve
William Grimsley

Yeh, I didn't see the beta bit at first. :oops:

Well, I did copy over the Cumulus.ini file and the data folder, so that should be ok, shouldn't it?

Ok, I'll go back to v1.9.3 and see if this FTP thing, will sort itself out! :bash:
William Grimsley

Nope, Cumulus v1.9.3 won't FTP, either! Could it be the website's end?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Sorry, I have no idea what the problem is. I don't mean that I don't what the solution is; I have no idea what the problem is that you are reporting. Your web site is updating, so clearly Cumulus is doing ftp.
Steve
William Grimsley

No, Cumulus isn't doing FTP. It's only kind of FTPing the realtime.txt (that I created), using the "Files" tab in the Internet Settings.

This might help:

Sites/Options Tab:
settings.jpg
Files Tab:
files.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

No, Cumulus IS doing FTP. It isn't KIND OF FTPing the realtime.txt file. IT IS FTPing it. There is no protocol called 'kind of FTP'.

You still haven't said what the problem is.
Steve
William Grimsley

Ok, this is my problem. How is Cumulus FTPing the realtime.txt file but not FTPing to my site? :?:

This, is what I mean.
status.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by William Grimsley on Thu 28 Feb 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I have no idea what that means.
Steve
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

William,

A gentle word of advice - again. Unless you know exactly what you are doing with website changes or Cumulus updates I really do suggest you leave well alone. You have a pretty good website so just leave it alone!

For someone who has already had a bad experience on another forum you are raising your profile on this one and generally for all the wrong reasons.

The impression you give me is that you dive in and change things without giving sufficient thought to what you're doing. Hence the frequent cries for help. That is not a reputation you want to have.

If I were you I'd leave my website alone and buy a good book on PHP as has already been suggested. There are plenty of patient people here but their patience is not limitless.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

William Grimsley

RayProudfoot wrote:William,

A gentle word of advice - again. Unless you know exactly what you are doing with website changes or Cumulus updates I really do suggest you leave well alone. You have a pretty good website so just leave it alone!

For someone who has already had a bad experience on another forum you are raising your profile on this one and generally for all the wrong reasons.

The impression you give me is that you dive in and change things without giving sufficient thought to what you're doing. Hence the frequent cries for help. That is not a reputation you want to have.

If I were you I'd leave my website alone and buy a good book on PHP as has already been suggested. There are plenty of patient people here but their patience is not limitless.
Yes, I nearly smashed my head against the wall, when Steve told me that it was a beta version! :bash:

No, I don't want to have that reputation, which I can't change due to my Aspergers Syndrome (sorry but I had to say it, as this might change people's attitude towards me).

Yes, I'm going to start using some websites such as, http://www.php.net but due to my GCSE's I don't have time (at the moment) to look into many things properly, which is why I ask for help, a lot.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

William Grimsley wrote: Yes, I nearly smashed my head against the wall, when Steve told me that it was a beta version! :bash:
The betas are fine. I've never had any real issues with them.
No, I don't want to have that reputation, which I can't change due to my Aspergers Syndrome (sorry but I had to say it, as this might change people's attitude towards me).
I understand. That does change things. I hope you can receive treatment which will control the symptoms. I've never come into contact with anyone who has it so it's hard for me to appreciate what it must be like.
Yes, I'm going to start using some websites such as, http://www.php.net but due to my GCSE's I don't have time (at the moment) to look into many things properly, which is why I ask for help, a lot.
If people see you are trying to help yourself they will be more understanding I'm sure.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

William Grimsley

Thanks, for your understanding.

Again, I'm still trying to get Cumulus to FTP to my site, but it's STILL, yes STILL not FTPing! :cry: :bash:

I've contacted the server administrator, which I know quite well, I don't know if that will do anything.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

How can it be anything to do with the server when Cumulus IS clearly successfully uploading with FTP, despite your continued insistence that it isn't?

Which parts of your site aren't updating?
Steve
William Grimsley

Hi Steve,

Ok, these are the parts of my site, that aren't updating.

Updated Bar:
update.jpg
Records Table:
records.jpg
Hope this helps...

William