Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP destroyed web code

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
JacquesSteventon
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

FTP destroyed web code

Post by JacquesSteventon »

Hello,

I am using 1.9.4 of Cumulus which is the beta. I am also using Windows Server 2008. I am also using CCTV Server software on this server.

The problem I am having is that when Cumulus updates via FTP to my website (www.dorsetliveweather.com/weather) it will wipe all the files in the directory, /weather. Cumulus will then write files back to my server but without code.

Any ideas what is happening?

Many Thanks
Jacques
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: FTP destroyed web code

Post by steve »

If you turn on ftp logging, the ftplog.txt file should show any errors. A likely cause is that you need to use Active FTP mode (or turn it off if you're already using it).

You seem to have uploaded some of the template files to your web site - the ones with "T" in them; you don't need them on your web site; they're processed on your PC to produce the actual web pages (without a "T" in them).
Steve
JacquesSteventon
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Post by JacquesSteventon »

Hell Steve,

Thank you for the very quick reply. That has done the job :) I had active FTP enabled and after your advice, I switched it off. This worked.

Is there any reason as to why this would happen? Or just a beta bug?

Many Thanks
Jacques
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Active mode is off by default. According to your web site, you're actually using build 1050, which is an old beta version of 1.9.3 from last year.
Steve