Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus stopped uploading to twitter 3 days ago

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
JacquesSteventon
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Cumulus stopped uploading to twitter 3 days ago

Post by JacquesSteventon »

Hello all,

First of all what I lovely day it is in the south of England (which makes a change).

I am having a bit of a problem and I have tried everything. I changed my passwords over on twitter the other day and then also changed the cumulus twitter passwords. They both match, I have tried this many many times. I have also deleted the OauthToken=
OauthTokenSecret=

I have tried disabling and enabling twitter and still no success. The Oauth tokens will not replace the empty sections parts of text. I have also tried the command :unknown on both of the lines which still hasn't worked.

I am guessing that this is down to twitter being a night mare again after they changed they stopped Apt.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be or a solution?

Many thanks for any help in advance,

Jacques
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus stopped uploading to twitter 3 days ago

Post by steve »

I've just tried this:

Stop Cumulus and edit cumulus.ini, delete the OAuthToken and OAuthTokenSecret lines. Start Cumulus.

On the next scheduled update, it successfully fetched the new tokens, but the update at that time failed ("403 forbidden"). The subsequent update was successful.

If you do the same and still don't get anywhere, try turning on the debug log. This causes extra information to be logged to the diags file (cumulus.009). Be careful with uploading anything here subsequently, as password info etc will be logged.

Make sure your PC clock is correct and set for BST.
Steve
JacquesSteventon
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Re: Cumulus stopped uploading to twitter 3 days ago

Post by JacquesSteventon »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Have just done what you said. Will now wait for next update as I upload on the hour. If this fails would you like me to post the debug log but without passwords on here to help solve the problem? But hopefully this will work.

Thanks very much

Jacques