Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus error

Please discuss beta versions of Cumulus 1 here. Note: There are currently no beta versions of Cumulus 1.
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus error

Post by kapo »

Hi Steve

My Cumulus has "frozen" in past two nights. I put Cumulus diags folders to You. Would You be so kind and look those.
Last edited by kapo on Wed 22 May 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus error

Post by steve »

You do seem to be having problems with ftp, but I'm not sure it's anything to do with your service provider, and it shouldn't cause Cumulus to freeze. But there are other problems in there which may well be related:

06/05/2013 01:34:04.219 : Error creating graph files: Cannot create file "C:\Cumulus\web\images\tempm.png". Prosessi ei voi käyttää tiedostoa, koska se on toisen prosessin käytössä

So something else has the file open and is preventing Cumulus creating a new copy. Possibly anti-virus, or something else? Right at the end, this error changes to

06/05/2013 01:40:02.273 : Error creating graph files: Invalid pointer operation

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing what caused this, but it's likely a result of all of the previous problems.

By the way, you seem to have selected 'Use B/L', but you don't seem to have the related file:

06/05/2013 01:40:02.273 : Error creating graph files: Invalid pointer operation

Do you have a Blake-Larsen sun recorder? If not, you should de-select that option.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

What is that Blake-Larsen? Never heard about it? That select was my mistake, I have done it without knowing what I am doing....
Last edited by kapo on Wed 22 May 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

kapo wrote:What is that Blake-Larsen? Never heard about it?
It's one of these, they are very nice: http://www.sunrecorder.net/
That select was my mistake, I have done it without knowing what I am doing....
Now it is de-selected. Could that cause those problems?
I wouldn't have thought so, but it's best to not have it selected if the file doesn't exist.
I have Norton 360 as anti-virus prog. And it is updated automaticly. And Norton firewall also included.
And what should I do to avoid those errors?
That would be my first guess. You should exclude the Cumulus folder from the anti-virus checking, and see if that helps. It might be a memory or resource leak in Cumulus, which occurs when it can't save the image files. Eventually it runs out of resources and locks up.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

Now I have made that Cumulus internet configuration so small than I could..
Pics attached. And Cumulus diags included.
Last edited by kapo on Wed 22 May 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

kapo wrote:Why there is that "07/05/2013 13:47:00.341 : Writing today.ini, LastUpdateTime = 07/05/2013 13:47:00 raindaystart = 32,2000007629395 rain counter = 32,2000007629395" continually?
Just part of the diagnostics that Cumulus writes to the diags files.
I took away that Cumulus console realtime-extra ftp from those ftp files, and uncheck realtime that copy images to folder. Still there is errors in ftp continually...
The ftp log would give more information, but probably still not enough to determine whether the problem is at your PC, your internet connection, or the web server. Connection problems are very hard to track down. You have active ftp mode selected; passive mode normally works better, but may not work at all depending on firewall settings etc at your end and at the server end.

The 'copy images to folder' setting is probably what is causing these errors, by the way:

06/05/2013 01:34:04.219 : Error creating graph files: Cannot create file "C:\Cumulus\web\images\tempm.png". Prosessi ei voi käyttää tiedostoa, koska se on toisen prosessin käytössä

You are telling Cumulus to copy the images to themselves.

You also seem to be telling Cumulus to upload the realtime.txt file twice; once with the default setting and again on the files tab. On the files tab setting, you are also telling Cumulus to process the realtime.txt file for web tags, and it doesn't contain any.

You have 'resize' set for the images, but you have the default size set anyway.
Steve
kapo

Post by kapo »

Yes, I have 'resize' the images, but where I have default size anyway, I don't understand this????

Would You please tell me these things
Last edited by kapo on Wed 22 May 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

kapo wrote:Where I could find right settings to firewall, PC and my end and at the server end, or could You tell me how those should be? I really don't know this...
Sorry, I don't know anything about it either. You should use passive mode (the default) unless that doesn't work at all, and only then select active mode.
Where I should then tell Cumulus to 'copy images to folder' ?
I don't understand why you want to copy the image files at all. Don't you just want them uploading to your web site?
Which one realtime.txt I should take away, I thought it must be in both setting places, but again I thought wrong...??
Where I am telling Cumulus to process the realtime.txt file for web tags, I don' t understand this???
You have selected 'enable realtime.txt ftp', so Cumulus is already uploading the realtime.txt file. You don't need the one on the files tab.
Yes, I have 'resize' the images, but where I have default size anyway, I don't understand this????
The images are already 700x350. You have selected 'resize' and told Cumulus to resize them to 700x350; they are already 700x350.
Or is it best way to quit whole Cumulus project from here, because of too difficult for me and my skills??
That's up to you, but you are making things difficult for yourself. You have selected several non-default settings without apparently understanding what those settings are for. In most cases the default settings are all you need.
Steve