Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Frameless gauges?

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

xinditta
Weather Station: WMR100
Operating System: Win7

Frameless gauges?

Post by xinditta »

I've read on other forums some snippets about 'NoFrame' that removes the bezels from the gauges, but no info on where it is set.

Does this even apply to SteelSeries Gauges for Cumulus and if so can anyone point me in the right direction?

or

Is there anyway to remove the bezels, reduce their width or change them to a flat colour that can match with the page background and render them invisible?

Many thanks
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Frameless gauges?

Post by water01 »

David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You can indeed 'switch off' the frame completely, you do this via an additional gauge initialization parameter NoFrame: true

However this is a bit of a kludge, it will hide the frame, but the dial face will not expand to fit whole canvas area, it will remain the same size. To 'pretty' up the page you will have to overlap the canvas elements yourself.

I have looked a few times at implementing this feature properly, but the shear volume of code changes involved puts me off each time.
Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Post by Herbaldew »

mcrossley wrote:You can indeed 'switch off' the frame completely, you do this via an additional gauge initialization parameter NoFrame: true
Could you be specific on how to add this? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

My bad, the parameter is "frameVisible: false", not sure where noFrame came from!

If you put that in the commonParams section it will apply to all gauges (except the wind rose as that isn't really a gauge but something I cobbled together - you will have to explicitly comment out the frame drawing in that routine).

You will also have to set "showGaugeShadow: false" in the config section, otherwise a phantom shadow will appear around the gauges.
Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Post by Herbaldew »

That did it - thanks!