Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Steel gauges UV and solar radiation

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

abarnett1934
Weather Station: Watson W-8681-Solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Steel gauges UV and solar radiation

Post by abarnett1934 »

melrosecrescentweather.co.uk
When I hover the mouse over the various gauges, the trends charts popup, However they do not for UV and Solar radiation even though these show in trends. How can I configure the gauges to show these trends?
Best wishes,
Arthur
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Steel gauges UV and solar radiation

Post by water01 »

I am not sure, so I maybe wrong, but I think that although uv.png and solar.png are generated and used by Cumulus, they are not uploaded as part of the standard file images and as I remember (I am running Cumulus MX nowadays and I have not got Cumulus 1 loaded so I cannot check), you have to tick two boxes on the Files page of Internet Settings in the Configuration menu to make it upload them.
David
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You're using a very old version of the gauges, so you need to edit this code in gauges.js to specify the UV and solar graph images:

Code: Select all

if (g_weatherProgram === 0) {
    // g_tipImgs for Cumulus users using the 'default' weather site
    g_tipImgs = [['temp.png', 'intemp.png'],                                // Temperature: outdoor, indoor
                 ['temp.png','temp.png','temp.png','temp.png','temp.png'],  // Temperature: dewpnt, apparent, windChill, HeatIndx, humidex
                 'raint.png',                                               // Rainfall
                 'rain.png',                                                // Rainfall rate
                 ['hum.png', 'hum.png'],                                    // Humidity: outdoor, indoor
                 'press.png',                                               // Pressure
                 'wind.png',                                                // Wind speed
                 'windd.png',                                               // Wind direction
                 null,                                                      // UV
                 null                                                       // Solar rad
                ];
} else {
Later versions of the gauges automatically show the appropriate image if you've configured the gauges to be shown.
Steve
abarnett1934

Post by abarnett1934 »

Dear Steve,

I have edited this code in gauges.js but it does not seem to work.
Arthur
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your gauges.js still looks the same to me - it still has null for the UV and solar graphs.
Steve
abarnett1934

Post by abarnett1934 »

Dear Steve,
I've altered the code in gauges but the UV and Solar rad still won't co-operate.
Best wishes, Arthur
duke

Post by duke »

abarnett1934 wrote:Dear Steve,
I've altered the code in gauges but the UV and Solar rad still won't co-operate.
Best wishes, Arthur
From your gauges js @20:43 21/04/15

g_tipImgs = [['temp.png', 'intemp.png'],                                // Temperature: outdoor, indoor
                 ['temp.png','temp.png','temp.png','temp.png','temp.png'],  // Temperature: dewpnt, apparent, windChill, HeatIndx, humidex
                 'raint.png',                                               // Rainfall
                 'rain.png',                                                // Rainfall rate
                 ['hum.png', 'hum.png'],                                    // Humidity: outdoor, indoor
                 'press.png',                                               // Pressure
                 'wind.png',                                                // Wind speed
                 'windd.png',                                               // Wind direction
                 null,                                                      // UV
                 null                                                       // Solar rad
                ];
When you state that you have 'altered the code', please tell us the steps you are taking to do this as it's not appearing on your website. I assume you are ftping the altered gauges.js to your website???
duke

Post by duke »

* Created by Mark Crossley, June 2011
 * File encoding = UTF-8
 */
var g_scriptVer = "1.6.5 - 2012-03-08";
As Steve noted earlier, an extremely old version. You really should consider upgrading.
abarnett1934

Post by abarnett1934 »

This is my coding for gauges.js which appear in my public_html file on my website. This appears on my computer file and the updated file on the net. I cannot understand why your view does not coincide with mine.
g_tipImgs = [['temp.png', 'intemp.png'], // Temperature: outdoor, indoor
['temp.png','temp.png','temp.png','temp.png','temp.png'], // Temperature: dewpnt, apparent, windChill, HeatIndx, humidex
'raint.png', // Rainfall
'rain.png', // Rainfall rate
['hum.png', 'hum.png'], // Humidity: outdoor, indoor
'press.png', // Pressure
'wind.png', // Wind speed
'windd.png', // Wind direction
'uv.png', // UV
'solar rad.png', // Solar rad
];
Best wishes,
Arthur
duke

Post by duke »

here is the link to your gauges page from the link you provided above - http://melrosecrescentweather.co.uk/gauges-ss.htm

At this time the gauges.js options are both still null. My guess, assuming you have correctly edited is that you have ftped to the wrong location.

here is the direct link to your gauges.js so you can view for yourself - http://melrosecrescentweather.co.uk/scripts/gauges.js

Also, I don't have a copy of gauges that old to check, but I would not expect to see a 'space' in 'solar rad.png'
duke

Post by duke »

duke wrote: Also, I don't have a copy of gauges that old to check, but I would not expect to see a 'space' in 'solar rad.png'
Actually, it's just 'solar.png'.

http://melrosecrescentweather.co.uk/images/solar.png
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You appear to have (at least) two copies of gauges.js on your server, the one you are editing is here:

http://melrosecrescentweather.co.uk/gauges.js

but the one that your gauges-ss.htm page is using is here:

http://melrosecrescentweather.co.uk/scripts/gauges.js
Steve
abarnett1934

Post by abarnett1934 »

Thanks to those who responded to my problem. Thankfully it is now solved and the dials are working correctly. I was editing the wrong gauges file. I think my web pages is carrying a great deal of unnecessary files but I am dubious in deleting any now that everything is working well. I suppose I really should update my gauges, but having tried a couple of times replacing the new files and losing my gauges completely I am reluctant. Thanks again to you all for your wonderful help.