Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Multiton feature request

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

tklucis
Weather Station: Airmar, Davis, Aanderaa
Operating System: All

Multiton feature request

Postby tklucis » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Hey Mark,

First of all would like to thank You, about great job you did and do. Awsome. :clap:

About my problem. Have 6 weather stations. They are running on different pages, but now got request to integrate all in one single page.
All are different ... Davis Vantage Pro2, Airmar WX150 multiple units, Aanderaa ... so if anyone have questions regarding NMEA integration and custom logging services ... you are welcome.
Actually wrote script for listening on TCP/Serial and dumping it to SQlite3 database ... and some additional for parsing to clientraw.txt bla bla bla ...

So question is: do you have or plan to introduce multiton feature to your script ? So multiple weather stations can be displayed on one, single web page ?

Thank you

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Stretch Lite rPi

Re: Multiton feature request

Postby mcrossley » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm

That sounds like a job for something like a PHP script on your server to consolidate the data down to a single JSON data file for the gauges. That is what I did before I moved to Cumulus MX, I was running two copies of Cumulus, two weather stations and display the combined data on the 'standardish' gauges page.

tklucis
Weather Station: Airmar, Davis, Aanderaa
Operating System: All

Re: Multiton feature request

Postby tklucis » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Yep. That can be done easily. But feature like LED (canvas_led) will not work. Because canvas_led object is only one per page, but I have many stations.

Return to “SteelSeries Gauges”