Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Steel Series Gauges Wiki

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

legi
Weather Station: WMR200
Operating System: Windows10

Steel Series Gauges Wiki

Post by legi »

Hi
I'm a bit confused, under the "What Next" it is described as follows:

"These files reside in your "<path to cumulus>\cumulus\web" folder. You will need to edit each xxxxxT.htm file, and near the bottom change the link from "gauges.htm" to "gauges-ss.htm" (also include the path if you have installed the SS gauges into a sub-folder from you main Cumulus web site)."

There are files: gauges.htm and gaugesT.htm in the web folder and gauges-ssT.htm on the internet path. No gauges-ss.htm. What has to be changed on the indexT.htm and all the other xxxT.htm files?
thanks
peter
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Steel Series Gauges Wiki

Post by water01 »

gauges-ssT.htm is a file provide by mark in the zip file. It is a template file the same as the Cumulus template files (one of which is gaugesT.htm which is the Cumulus gauges template file).

Template files are the files that you should alter if you wish to make changes to the standard web site. They are processed by Cumulus and all the webtags are replaced by actual site values and then uploaded without the T i.e. gaugesT.htm is uploaded as gauges.htm.

So you have to add a line to the file upload in Cumulus in the case of gauges-ssT.htm as it is not a standard template file, which processes the file and uploads it as gauges-ss.htm.

To get this file to appear as your default gauges page on the website you have to edit the menu item in all the other template files i.e. indexT.htm etc. with gauges-ss.htm instead of gauges.htm.
David