Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Controling gauges shown on mobile device

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

djenkins
Weather Station: David Vantage Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Controling gauges shown on mobile device

Post by djenkins »

First off I just came across this the SteelSeries Gauges a few days ago I implemented it on my site. Absolutely brilliant, really pleased with the result.

I however have encountered one problem that I cannot work out how to resolve. I have searched the forum, but could not find anything appropriate to my issue.

First some background
using a Davis Vantage Pro weather station
Using Weather Display v10.37S (b57) to upload data
Displaying SteelGauges page via an iFrame wrapper on a Joomla 3.6.5 website using a Gantry v4.1.32 responsive template

Within the gauges.js file I have disabled the Solar & UV gauges & removed the Odometer from the Wind Rose. This all worked perfectly when you visit the website via a PC (3 across by 10 gauges)

http://www.pdarcs.com.au/index.php/our- ... her-gauges

(the source page by the way is http://pdarcs.com.au/weather/gauges/gauges-ss.htm which is displayed on the above link via an iFrame Wrapper)

However, if I visit the exact same page via a mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) The Solar & UV Sensor are visible & the Odometer is also on the Wind Rose. The gauges are displayed 1X12 gauge wide going down the page, which is great except for the "additional" gauges that have appeared. (fyi visiting the source htm page directly displays the 3x10 layout with the relevant gauges showing as well, which they shouldn't be)

Obviously for mobile viewing I need to change another setting in another file somewhere else, but I don't know which one.

if someone could assist me in advising which file I need to modify to disable the Solar/UV & odometer gauges within a mobile device I would be grateful. (I apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find that info)

Regards, Daniel
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Controling gauges shown on mobile device

Post by mcrossley »

I think the page is just being cached on your mobile device - try clearing the data for your site and trying again.
djenkins
Weather Station: David Vantage Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Controling gauges shown on mobile device

Post by djenkins »

I reloaded the page countless times, but never cleared the cache. :groan:

Cleared the cache & everything works fine now, thank you.