Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SSgauges and Meteotemplate

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

SSgauges and Meteotemplate

Post by K8POS »

Mark,
I hope you can shed some light here.
I am using Cumulus, with Meteotemplate.
I have the SSGauges block installed and running. How ever the displayed WIND Speed shown by the pointer, appears to be showing AVERAGE wind speed and not the Current wind speed.
I know your code has really been rewritten to run in Meteotemplate. I am just trying to find the file to edit (or at least look at) that passes the data to the gauge pointer.
My fear is that he is using an API call to get the info, and all that is available is the average.
If I can not figure this out, I may just delete the block, reinstall SSgauges to run the way you had originally intended. I can then run it within Meteotemplate in a Iframe or something.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: SSgauges and Meteotemplate

Post by mcrossley »

I can't see where the values are coming from, but it looks like it is using the "average today" for the average value, and the current 10 minute average for the "latest". The gauges are displaying the same fields from the JSON as the standard gauge, but what I cannot see is what data is being put into those fields.

I don't see why the "integrated" version couldn't be adapted to still use the "old" realtimegauges.txt file though.
K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: SSgauges and Meteotemplate

Post by K8POS »

Mark,
Thank you.
I'll keep plucking at it, if I cant figure it out will just install the original gauges like I use to have and figure a way to integrate them into Meteotemplate.

Bob