Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Editing canvas_wind

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

virusdunil
Weather Station: ws-1080
Operating System: win7 for now

Editing canvas_wind

Post by virusdunil »

Hi all

i would like to edit the canvas_wind to change it to led instead of needle on my gauge page http://www.meteohebertville.com/gauges-ss.html

where should i look to do those mods

Thanks ;)
Last edited by virusdunil on Tue 31 Jul 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
virusdunil

Re: Editing canvas_wind

Post by virusdunil »

Hers what id like to do...
on my main page,http://www.meteohebertville.com,id like to replace the temp. and wind gauges by horizontal linear,gradiant led display BUT i dont want to change those on the gauges page so

i guess 1 need to create 2 canvas.....now where to start...my knowledge in coding is very limited

thanks
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Just curious...

Your pages are in 'french' whereas the text inside the gauges is still in 'english' - you do realise that translations to other languages, including 'french', are already provided within the distribution ZIP package.

To change the language on your page, you need to add the following line after the last line of the SteelSeries scripts:

Code: Select all

<script src="scripts/ddimgtooltip.min.js"></script>
<script>LANG = LANG_FR; changeLang();</script><!-- dynamic script to change the default language to french -->
</body>
As for changing the temperature and wind gauges to the horizontal linear format - I am not 100% sure it can be accomplished without re-writing, not only the 'gauges.js' script but also the 'steelseries.js' script.

Mark (the designer behind the SteelSeries) should be visiting shortly and will be able to give you a better answer... ;)
virusdunil

Post by virusdunil »

ok Thanks anyway... ;)