Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Re: Hydreon double tips

Discussion of this sensor and its uses
pete_c
Weather Station: Davis Vue-Pro2 - Fine Offset
Operating System: W2003-XPSP3-Linux

Post by pete_c »

Thank-you Alan.

From what I am reading about my Hobby Boards counter is that it has a "built in" debounce piece to it which would definitely explain the different in the rain counts connecting one RG-11 to the dual counter.

The one time lightning damage in the last 10 years and once in the late 90s has got me a bit more cautious about connecting directly the serial port on the PC. In fact for my home automation server I am just using Digi USB to Serial boxes and networked serial ports (24 serial ports today). My lightning detector counter is using an optoisolator and it just keeps ticking and ticking. I still take the wire to a ground arrestor before going into the house.

I will look at my parts bins for a capacitor and resistor and give it a go.

Cheers,
Pete
- Pete
Automator
pete_c
Weather Station: Davis Vue-Pro2 - Fine Offset
Operating System: W2003-XPSP3-Linux

Post by pete_c »

I had a bit of rain today with measurements of .04 inches on the Davis and Dallas tipping buckets. No rain was measured on either of the RG-11s. This is the first time I have seen this. I will check my cabling tomorrow.
- Pete
Automator