Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

RG11 accuracy from Hydreon.

Discussion of this sensor and its uses
duke

RG11 accuracy from Hydreon.

Post by duke »

I didn't want to jump on an existing thread, I had several emails with Ben @ Hydreon today. One of which was the accuracy and possible future of the RG11. Here's the reply:
Hi Mark,

We are always gathering data to improve the algorithm for future releases. But it will unlikely to be as accurate as a properly maintained tipping bucket. There are so many different conditions that that the RG-11 will pick up that that Tipping bucket will not. Also, since the tipping bucket is a physical measurement of rain, its tough to get as accurate as that.

But, with the current software, the RG-11 is very close. For example, the past data point collections for a TB vs the RG-11 are as follows. These were taken over a rainfall ans then reset.
Capture.PNG
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ben Gryskiewicz

Our manual says to do annual applications of Rain-X for better accuracy, but even more will keep it more accurate.
And here's the table but in mm (if I converted it correctly).
Capture2.PNG
Duke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.