Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WXindex.php errors

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

sparkynerd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows, Linux (various)

WXindex.php errors

Post by sparkynerd »

I am running Cumulus with the default website templates and am trying to setup the Saratoga templates. I am a noob with custom templates and I am getting errors on loading the wxindex.php page. Here are the errors:

Notice: Undefined index: REMOTE_HOST in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather\Settings.php on line 35
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '%', expecting ']' in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather\testtags.php on line 533

What am I missing?
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: WXindex.php errors

Post by saratogaWX »

You appear to be running a Settings.php from the V2 template set (Weather-display specific) that has at line 35

Code: Select all

$SITE['REMOTE_HOST']	= $_SERVER['REMOTE_HOST'];
I'd urge you to update your template to Version 3 (including changing out the Settings.php to the new one).

If that's not feasible, then change the Line 35 to

Code: Select all

if(isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_HOST']))   {$SITE['REMOTE_HOST']	= $_SERVER['REMOTE_HOST'];}
(as it is in the V3 template) and that will eliminate the Notice: error. This error is likely caused by running the template on your own system under XAMPP and that doesn't set a value for REMOTE_HOST (since it's not 'remote').

Best regards,
Ken
sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

Ken-

Thanks for the speedy reply! I upgraded to v3, and now I am getting ajax errors all over the page. Here are the first ones:

Notice: Undefined variable: date in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 81
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 391
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 392
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 392
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 394
Notice: Undefined variable: time in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 81
Notice: Undefined variable: temperature in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 95
Updated: 30-Nov-1999 7:00pm
Humidity:
Notice: Undefined variable: humidity in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 140

What should I check now?

Thanks so much for the help!
Bryan
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

sparkynerd wrote:Ken-

Thanks for the speedy reply! I upgraded to v3, and now I am getting ajax errors all over the page. Here are the first ones:

Notice: Undefined variable: date in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 81
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 391
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 394
Notice: Undefined variable: time in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 81
Notice: Undefined variable: temperature in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 95
Updated: 30-Nov-1999 7:00pm
Humidity:

Notice: Undefined variable: humidity in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-gizmo.php on line 140

What should I check now?

Thanks so much for the help!
Bryan
It looks like the CUtags.php is not available or is not being processed by Cumulus. Also make sure that CU-defs.php is in the home directory too.
sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

I just checked, and CU-defs in in the home directory. I also checked if CUtags is actually being processed by cumulus by opening "http://127.0.0.1/weather3/CUtags.php?sce=dump" in a browser,and all the info was current, so I am thinking that is working? Earlier, I had been messing with the various website files before I read your response and I now have most of the home page functional! I have to say, these templates are great!!! The last remaining problem I have on the home page is the "Moon" section. I get the following errors:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-dashboard.php on line 1153
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-dashboard.php on line 1154
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in F:\xampp\htdocs\weather3\ajax-dashboard.php on line 1155

I cant seem to figure these out yet. Any ideas?

I have some various problems in other areas that I am still working on, but I will see if I can work through these before asking on the forum.

Thanks!
sparkynerd

Post by sparkynerd »

Everything solved! Reinstalled the website on my host, and thanks to the help of all the great people on this forum, its up and running! :D