Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PCE Console display

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: PCE Console display

Post by water01 »

OK upgraded mine and working great with a few mods to match my console :D
David
bnwrx
Weather Station: Ambient WS2095 (Fine/Offset)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by bnwrx »

I hope to try this when I get some time....Looks really nice, and I know it took you some time to do all the code writing....Good job!!

A suggestion: You might want to put the download link for the latest build in the 1st post of this thread. That way folks don't have to search thru all the posts to find the latest version.....
gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Post by gluepack »

Well, I plagiarized a lot of the code from those who developed the Davis console display.

Out of interest, I suddenly realised that the digi font that is used is not truly monospaced, as you would typically find in technical applications. The only difference is the size of the 1 character. I have modified the font and am currently running it at http://www.jerbils.info/saratoga/pceconsole2.php (you can compare the difference between it and the original at pceconsole.php, so long as there are some embedded 1's to make a difference ;) ).
It matches the console more accurately but it does look a bit weird, of course. I would be interested in opinions on it but will probably change to it in the next release (or provide it earlier if anyone is interested).

I will post download in the first post.

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

I used a method, that I saw described, using the same php, to create a Web App for the weather station, for Android. It was very easy.
I've never really investigated Android before and I don't think it is a true app as it runs under the auspices of Chrome, although apparently divorced from the browser itself. I set up a manifest, added appropriate html tags to the php script and used Add to Home Screen in the Android Chrome Browser.
It did add it to my home screen and it does run. However, the name of the web app is the name of the URL not the name assigned to it and I cannot find any way of changing it. It makes me think that it didn't use the manifest (nor the <title> tag). It is using the icon but I don't know if it is getting that from the manifest or the <link> tag.
I haven't discovered any way of changing the title nor, unfortunately, removing the app. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Still, it does work, although I would prefer it if it would zoom to screen size automatically.

Update: Well, I figured out how to delete the web app. Press and hold, drag to the X which miraculously appears top left (I am a neophyte at using a tablet, despite having one for a year).
I then removed all the html, apart from the manifest link, as Google suggested the manifest had taken the place of the html and this time it created a web app which was actually just the regular browser display. I realised that, at the time it creates it you can replace the displayed URL with text for the title of the app.
So, I deleted it, added the code back in and this time Add to Home screen created the web app and automatically supplied the title (not sure if it was left over from previous attempt or if it had actually got it from the html or json).
So, now I have this app set on my Android (it's an Acer Iconia) device home screen.
If anyone is interested, I created a file called manifest.json with the following code...

Code: Select all

{
  "short_name": "WX Console",
  "name": "Weather Console Display",
  "icons": [
    {
      "src": "launcher-icon-2x.png",
      "sizes": "96x96",
      "type": "image/png"
    },
    {
      "src": "launcher-icon-3x.png",
      "sizes": "144x144",
    },
    {
      "src": "launcher-icon-4x.png",
      "sizes": "192x192",
    }
  ],
  "start_url": "/pceconsolem.php?homescreen=1",
  "display": "standalone",
  "orientation": "landscape"
  }
The png's I created were of the console at the sizes specified in the manifest.
I made a copy of pceconsole.php (pconsolem.php) and added the following lines at around line 80...

<title>WX Console</title>
<meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">
<link rel="manifest" href="manifest.json" />
<link rel="icon" sizes="192x192" href="launcher-icon-4x.png"> 
I was lazy and just threw everything into my saratoga folder.

I then went into Chrome on my tablet, requested the URL for pceconsolem.php and then, in options, selected Add to Home screen.
It brings up an entry field with the URL (or the short_name or <title>, confused now) displayed and you can change it to whatever you want.
Click ok and hey presto you have the console display as a Web App on your Home screen.

I'd still like to know if it is possible to bring it up full screen automatically instead of having to drag it (e.g. force a double tap?).

Update: Well, that didn't last long. I changed all three icons. Saved with same names, uploaded them, nothing else. Wiped the Web App off my tablet. Brought up Chrome. Linked to the URL, which came up fine. Re-established it as a Web App. Now I get a 404 trying to access it. Lol!
Update: Well, resolved, I think. I don't understand how it could have worked before (unless Chrome for some reason chose to use a different starting point) but I changed the line for the start_url in the manifest to
"start_url": "../saratoga/pceconsolem.php?homescreen=1", (i.e. location from root) and it worked.
I also removed the two smaller icon descriptions from the manifest because I was annoyed that Chrome insists on using other than the largest on my tablet.
Update: OK, zoom at invoke is resolved by changing the main div to

<div style="text-align:left; margin:0 auto; max-width:750px;">
and adding to the viewport meta

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.1; maximum-scale=1.1; user-scalable=0;">
(although I seem to remember reading that was not supposed to be changed)
also, by adding

* {
   margin: 0px;
   padding: 0px;
}
at the start of the css file.
Now it zooms to fill my tablet screen at startup.
However, although all that code retrofits into the original php script without a problem, the addition of the margin/padding reset causes problems when it is embedded into a saratoga template.

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Finally, the Chrome based Web App on my Acer Iconia B1-711...
acer-pce.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MeteoBisignano
Weather Station: wh3080
Operating System: windows

Post by MeteoBisignano »

I did everything according to the guide but I returned it the tendency nor the wind situation and the forecast. What is wrong?http://stazionemeteobisignano.altervist ... onsole.php
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Either images are not present or location is not specified correctly, I would say.
Sorry have internet outage currently and am on tablet. I'll have a look when I get internet back.

MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

gluepack wrote:Either images are not present or location is not specified correctly, I would say.
Sorry have internet outage currently and am on tablet. I'll have a look when I get internet back.
the images in the specified folder / pcecon as described, but obviously there is some error in the codes posted
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Are you generating the pcecon24.txt file and specifying the correct location on your server? The info that is missing from your display relies on data in that file.
Last edited by gluepack on Wed 04 Nov 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

MeteoBisignano wrote:
gluepack wrote:Either images are not present or location is not specified correctly, I would say.
the images in the specified folder / pcecon as described, but obviously there is some error in the codes posted

The error is definitely file pceconsolo.php Could you attach your so try to figure out what is wrong?
MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

Thanks for the straight. I loaded the file under the name of Pecon24T.txt. I deleted the T and everything seems to be going well ... One last thing. How do I display them UV and Solar?
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

I responded to your pm.

MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

gluepack wrote:I responded to your pm.
One last thing. How do I display them UV and Solar,dew,ecc ecc?
Possible rotate the value in the Console?
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Oh, you mean that you have those details on your current physical display? Sorry, I don't have a clue. This was designed for my PCE console which doesn't have that type of detail. The device is a clone of several other different models but I have no idea how you would add things that don't appear on my console.

MeteoBisignano

Post by MeteoBisignano »

gluepack wrote:Oh, you mean that you have those details on your current physical display? Sorry, I don't have a clue. This was designed for my PCE console which doesn't have that type of detail. The device is a clone of several other different models but I have no idea how you would add things that don't appear on my console.

Code appears in the following wording:

$itimeout = 3; // time between image updates in seconds
// default 3 = frequency of rotating data updates in secs ( compass, dew, rain, ET/UV/Solar )
// recommend this be set to some even divisor of the 'realtime' update time.

but I have not figured out how to set the data. Maybe you need to add the file WebTAG pcecon24.txt? Thanks for all