Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

wunderground API calls over 500

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

Phlerb
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 8.1

wunderground API calls over 500

Post by Phlerb »

I am running Cumulus 1.94 and saratoga templates, and for the past few weeks, every few days I am getting an email from wunderground stating I have made over 500 calls using the API to wunderground.

Your wunderground API key (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) exceeded its allotted usage today by making 542 calls in a day but the limit is 500.

We used one of your raindrops instead of disabling the key for the remainder of the day. You now have 27 remaining raindrops.

Can anyone tell me what may be making these calls and how I can lower the usage? I have change the avforcast2 to be 900 for each call instead of 600, but this is only a savings of 2 calls per hour. I also run a security camera system (Blue Iris) and use BlueIris Tools to gather the wx data, but that only polls every 8 minutes, so we are still not all that many calls.

Are there any other places that Cumulus or Blue Iris uses the API calls?

Thanks
Phil
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: wunderground API calls over 500

Post by saratogaWX »

The USA forecast using advforecast2.php doesn't use Wunderground. The WU-forecast.php does use the API, but should only load once an hour and save the result to the WU-forecast-json-0-en.txt cache file until another hour has passed

Code: Select all

$refetchSeconds = 3600;                   // cache lifetime (3600sec = 60 minutes)
So, I'm suspecting your BlueIris code is causing the extra 'hits' on the API.

Are there any other scripts on your site that use the WU API for anything?