Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

WU-forecast.php

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

User avatar
Mapantz
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 am
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.
Location: Wareham, Dorset - UK
Contact:

Re: WU-forecast.php

Postby Mapantz » Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 pm

I seem to suffer so badly with the WU problem. For weeks now, it is breaking 30+ times a day. I check yours, Simon, and it's working for you. I just don't get it?! :(
Image
Image

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Deb 9.4 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: WU-forecast.php

Postby Toxic17 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:25 am

Mapantz wrote:I seem to suffer so badly with the WU problem. For weeks now, it is breaking 30+ times a day. I check yours, Simon, and it's working for you. I just don't get it?! :(


i added a bit of code as I found either my ./cache/WU-forecast-json-0-en.txt would be 0 bytes of incomplete. it still happens from time to time, but is much more stable.

top of my WU-Forecast.php Version 3.04 - 27-Feb-2018

Code: Select all

<?php
$filename = './cache/WU-forecast-json-0-en.txt';

if (file_exists($filename)) {

$zerosize = filesize('./cache/WU-forecast-json-0-en.txt');

if ($zerosize < 23000) {
// if ($zerosize == 0) {
unlink('./cache/WU-forecast-json-0-en.txt');
} }
// WU-forecast.php script by Ken True - webmaster@saratoga-weather.org
//
// Version 1.00 - 02-Sep-2007 - initial release


I found the cache when complete is about 25/26kb in file size and have had incomplete files of upto 20kb in size. its just WU as usual.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

User avatar
Mapantz
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 am
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.
Location: Wareham, Dorset - UK
Contact:

Re: WU-forecast.php

Postby Mapantz » Sun May 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Toxic17 wrote:
Mapantz wrote:I seem to suffer so badly with the WU problem. For weeks now, it is breaking 30+ times a day. I check yours, Simon, and it's working for you. I just don't get it?! :(


i added a bit of code as I found either my ./cache/WU-forecast-json-0-en.txt would be 0 bytes of incomplete. it still happens from time to time, but is much more stable.


Thank you Simon. I've added that to the top, let's see how she holds up?! :D
Image
Image

User avatar
Mapantz
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 am
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.
Location: Wareham, Dorset - UK
Contact:

Re: WU-forecast.php

Postby Mapantz » Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 am

Quick update. Everything much better. I still get an empty forecast now & then, but instead of 30 times a day, it's just a couple. :)
Image
Image

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Deb 9.4 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: WU-forecast.php

Postby Toxic17 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Mapantz wrote:Quick update. Everything much better. I still get an empty forecast now & then, but instead of 30 times a day, it's just a couple. :)


yep its not perfect, but then again WU is the issue, not our scripts.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

User avatar
Mapantz
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 am
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.
Location: Wareham, Dorset - UK
Contact:

Re: WU-forecast.php

Postby Mapantz » Sat May 26, 2018 7:06 pm

Normal service resumed! :(

It doesn't seem to make any difference for me. The file is some times 0 bytes, 18KB, 19KB, 21KB, 23KB and even 50KB. Damn WU.
Image
Image


Return to “Saratoga Templates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests