Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus 1.9.4 or MX

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

mschramm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Cumulus 1.9.4 or MX

Post by mschramm »

Interested in applying the Saratoga Templates. While I am currently hosting 1.9.4 on an internal IIS server, I am thinking of moving to a hosted service, perhaps Steve's or GoDaddy.

What are the recommendations for Cumulus 1.9.4 or Cumulus MX as a starting point for the above considerations (and/or others I haven't pondered yet).

If I keep it internal, will potentially, over time, provision a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, which by my reading implies MX. Correct?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Cumulus 1.9.4 or MX

Post by mcrossley »

As you have a Davis you will not be affected by the issues around Mono versions that plague the FO users.

Not much to choose between the two tbh. if you keep the locales consistent, then you can pretty much move the data files between the two. The config files have some subtle differences, but not much.

I run MX on Pi3 along with my self hosting web server and dB. If you are thinking of running a pi eventually why not try MX would be my view.
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: Cumulus 1.9.4 or MX

Post by saratogaWX »

From a Saratoga template perspective, both 1.9.4 and MX work to create the tags, realtime and NOAA report files needed.
The main difference is that MX does not create .png graphs for the wxgraphs page.. only 1.9.4 does. You can use JPGraph to create the graphs from the JSON available from MX (or use Highcharts JS to create from the JSON directly).

Other than that, use the version that suits you.