Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Updating from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
geoffw
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10

Updating from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX

Postby geoffw » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:36 pm

After months of my favourite weather station software getting less and less reliable and not finding an answer, I decided it was time to leave Cumulus 1.9 & take the plunge with MX or find something else. Well, it has been an up and down week as I move the data from June 2009 to MX followed by restoring my website and finally getting the webcam working again. Fingers crossed I seem to have managed it. I had considerable difficulties with the webcam and IP addresses, with the browser interface stubbornly losing contact with its data for long periods a couple 'agonising' of times.

However, I managed (not always sure how exactly) to solve most of the glitches, and it has to be said the Cumulus Console has worked a treat all the way through. It has not once lost contact with the weather station or mangled the data since it took over from Cumulus 1.9.

All I have to do now is to hunt down some rogue record readings and work out how one edits the Dayfile.text file and the records. You used to be able to do that within Cumulus 1.9, but I can't find that feature in the current interface.

http://www.winterman.org.uk/weather/
Geoff

sfws
Weather Station: Customised mix of Fine Offset
Operating System: Tempermental Win. 10 PC

Re: Updating from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX

Postby sfws » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:41 pm

Cumulux MX does not have log file editor. The Wiki FAQ does give lots of guidance re rogue values, otherwise see exchanges in other topics on this forum.

geoffw
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Updating from Cumulus 1 to CumulusMX

Postby geoffw » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 am

I suspected this was the case!
Geoff

Return to “Cumulus MX”