Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX refuses to start using existing data.

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

duke

MX refuses to start using existing data.

Post by duke »

MX starts when unzipped into a new folder but when unzipped into an existing Cumulus folder or existing data added to the new folder it will not start.

MXdiags attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: MX refuses to start using existing data.

Post by steve »

It's not finding your log files, is your directory structure definitely correct?
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

I've taken a second copy of my Cumulus folder from my weather server and placed on my dev pc. Extracted MX into the same folder and the same result is duplicated.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Could you zip up that F:\CumulusMXDist hierarchy from your original report and attach it here, please? Remove any passwords from the Cumulus.ini file. Are you running froma command prompt or by right-clicking?
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

steve wrote:Could you zip up that F:\CumulusMXDist hierarchy from your original report and attach it here, please? Remove any passwords from the Cumulus.ini file. Are you running froma command prompt or by right-clicking?
Tried running from both. Note I've removed 'Dist' from the naming to save confusion.

Too big to post. It's here.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Thanks - it's crashing because I haven't written all of the code for writing out the list of web tags when it starts up. Edit Cumulus.ini and set ListWebTags=0. Could you also please use the new download, as I will be able to debug crashes much more easily with that.
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

Ok, on my win7 dev PC using right click run as admin it works fine. It refuses to run by double clicking on the same icon. Attached win7 zip.

On my win8.1 server it refuses to run and complains about the realtime.txt. Attached win8.1 zip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

duke wrote:Ok, on my win7 dev PC using right click run as admin it works fine. It refuses to run by double clicking on the same icon. Attached win7 zip.
Sorry, I don't understand. It needs to run as administrator. You can either run it from an administrator command prompt, or by right-clicking and selecting 'runs as administrator'. Which of those two doesn't work?
On my win8.1 server it refuses to run and complains about the realtime.txt. Attached win8.1 zip.
Where is it complaining about realtime.txt?

There seems to be a problem with the TCP/IP connection to the IP logger - or is it Virtual VP? I can't tell unless you tell me what you're doing. Assuming it's VVP, have you disabled the LOOP2 setting? What does the log in VVP say?
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

That one was my fault Steve, sorry. I had over written my modified .ini (UseDavisLoop2=0).

All good now with with VVP and direct to USB logger except the required modifications to the tags templates which give the token errors. I'll get to this later.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

OK - that's good.
Steve