Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Very impressed.

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Very impressed.

Post by water01 »

Like others I am very impressed with MX, and I was thinking of just letting it to continue to run in place of Cumulus 1 as it now seems to do (apart from a few web tags which I can get around) all I need.

But that begs a few questions.

I notice the licence is on until the end of January so will it cease to function after that date?

Have you made a decision if it is going to be donation ware (I try to donate every year as I think it is well worth the money and although my family think I am a weather geek I get great enjoyment out of it and the website etc.) or will it be a paid for version with paid for updates?

Attached is my latest MXdiags file, thankfully a lot smaller than the last one!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Very impressed.

Post by steve »

water01 wrote:I notice the licence is on until the end of January so will it cease to function after that date?
I'll supply a further licence before then. It will actually stop working a few days before then because of something not related to the trial licence.
Have you made a decision if it is going to be donation ware (I try to donate every year as I think it is well worth the money and although my family think I am a weather geek I get great enjoyment out of it and the website etc.) or will it be a paid for version with paid for updates?
I'm wavering. I've had a lot of donations in the last couple of weeks, and given that administering the sale of licences was going to be a pain anyway (unless I signed up to some third party system) I'm now thinking I'll probably stick with the donations.
Attached is my latest MXdiags file, thankfully a lot smaller than the last one!!
You have the same error that someone else had with a WU update concerning a proxy. Are you actually using a proxy or does the code just think you are?
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

That would explain the email I just got from Weather Underground!!

I am not using a proxy service, the computer is running on my home LAN and has direct access to my router. It worked fine in Cumulus 1.
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Have a look the [Proxies] section in Cumulus.ini to see what you have in there for HTTPProxyName and also check the internet settings screen for the same.
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Code: Select all

[Proxies]
HTTPProxyName=
HTTPProxyPort=0
HTTPProxyUser=
HTTPProxyPassword=
This is what is in Cumulus.ini and that is reflected in the interface.
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Is it empty, though, or could there be one or more spaces in there? I should check for both, really.
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

I looked at with an editor that will show unprintable characters and spaces etc. and there are no spaces, just what I assume is either a CR or LF immediately after the =, except for the zero in the Port.
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It looks like updating the internet settings corrupts it internally, but the change doesn't get saved to Cumulus.ini.
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

So would a reload help?
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, it seems to. It seems that the form code is clever and doesn't send things which were null and haven't been changed. This then does funny things to my code.
Steve
water01

Post by water01 »

Yes that fixed it, so data now being sent to WU and WOW.

Presumably if I do not alter the Internet settings all will be well?
David
duke

Post by duke »

On a similar note, when I had a tag in the tags template that caused a token error, MX would not process the template again until I had stopped and restarted it, even though I had modified the offending tag.
water01

Post by water01 »

water01 wrote:

I notice the licence is on until the end of January so will it cease to function after that date?

I'll supply a further licence before then. It will actually stop working a few days before then because of something not related to the trial licence.
Steve just a reminder since I have just put 3011 live and noticed the trial date is still 31/01/2015 we are beginning to get close and you said you would have to do it a few days before.

Just worrying as I am now running MX as my live program, Cumulus 1 has not been run for nearly 2 weeks!!
David
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The other issue that was going to cause it to expire before the end of the month no longer exists, so there's still plenty of time.
Steve