Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Reporting Issues - PLEASE READ

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Reporting Issues - PLEASE READ

Post by steve »

A number of posts are reporting issues without giving any supporting material, or without having done any investigation into the problem. If it's a problem with a web site, give a link. If it's a problem with the display of data, is the engine actually getting any data - look in the data logs. Often problems are caused by firewalls or over-zealous anti-virus software - check this.

Re-read the instructions. Look at the list of FAQs and known issues.

If you have an issue with the user interface, use the F12 developer console in your browser. The interface uses http calls and websockets to get its data (websockets are used for 'live' data), so look at both, and look at the javascript console - problems are often obvious. 'Fiddler' is a useful free tool that I use myself as an alternative - http://www.telerik.com/fiddler - it can show you the communication between the browser and the server as an alternative to the browser developer console.

You can also use the developer console and/or Fiddler to find problems with your web site - it will show missing files and javascript errors etc.

If you are reporting an issue with the graphs or gauges, or any other aspect of the display, please make it clear whether you are referring to the user interface or the web pages, or both.

You can turn on extra logging ("debug logging") to the MXdiags files by adding "Logging=1" to the [Station] section of Cumulus.ini. It would be a good idea to turn this on while you are beta testing, so please do so.

You can also turn on data logging, by adding "DataLogging=1" to the [Station] section of Cumulus.ini. This may generate a lot of output, though, so you should probably only turn this on if you are trying to track down a problem with reading data from the station.

You can turn on ftp logging by adding "FTPlogging=1" to the [FTP site] section of Cumulus.ini. Normal and realtime ftp are logged to the same file, ftplog.txt.

You can turn the logging on or off temporarily (i.e. for the current run only, changes do not get affect Cumulus.ini) using the station settings in the user interface.

Any changes to Cumulus.ini should be done with Cumulus stopped.

Thanks.
Steve
Adrian Hudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Re: Beta testing

Post by Adrian Hudson »

Steve,
Is there any particular area of the program that you would like testing?
Adrian
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'll have a think about what areas have been less (or un-) exercised and get back to you. I think that most of it will have been tried by now, though. I suspect there are still problems lurking with some of the web tags, and there are probably configuration settings that haven't been looked at yet to make sure they 'take' and work as expected. But methodical testing of those is rather tedious, and I wouldn't expect anyone to do that (I certainly wasn't prepared to do it myself in any detail).
Steve
tourrider
Weather Station: DAVIS VP2
Operating System: XP

Post by tourrider »

Hi Steve,

Can I get in on the MX beta testing?

I'll gladly make another donation if I can replace this power sucking XP workstation with my R-Pi B+

8-)

Thanks,
Brent
FM19 Local Weather http://www.k3dcx.net
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

tourrider wrote:Can I get in on the MX beta testing?
You certainly can. You have access to this (otherwise hidden) part of the forum, so you have access to the beta. See http://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12908
Steve
tourrider
Weather Station: DAVIS VP2
Operating System: XP

Post by tourrider »

steve wrote:
tourrider wrote:Can I get in on the MX beta testing?
You certainly can. You have access to this (otherwise hidden) part of the forum, so you have access to the beta. See https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12908

That's awesome. I've got CMX running on my R-Pi :)

I'm going of things to see whats-what. I notice several things on my website that's not quite right. All the current data is correct. I'm going to go read over your documentation, and the forum postings.

I will keep you updated.

Cheers,
Brent
FM19 Local Weather http://www.k3dcx.net
kalo
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY
Operating System: RasPi, Windows10

Re: Beta testing - PLEASE READ

Post by kalo »

Another candidate for beta testing request.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You don't need to make a request, just read the instructions and download it - http://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12908

People who haven't had a post approved yet may not be able to access the download, if that's the case, just post here. But check the post I've linked to first.
Steve
mrsi88
Weather Station: Watson W8681
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by mrsi88 »

Another request to beta test :D very exciting prospect.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You should be able to access the download now, let me know if that's not the case.
Steve
McMikey
Weather Station: Ambient

Post by McMikey »

I would like to try CMX Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

OK - you should be able to download now.
Steve
januszw
Weather Station: WMR200

Post by januszw »

Hi,
I am Cumulus user. I have started use WMR200 with PC (Windows7). But I'd like to change hardware platform from PC to Rassberry Pi2.
I'd like to download CumulusMX and test it, but I don't be able to access the download.

Janusz
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You're a registered user with your first post approved, so you should be able to access the download. What does it say where the download should be - does it say that you're not allowed to access the attachment?
Steve
Turfman
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2

Post by Turfman »

First post approval post.