Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX Gauges

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Cumulus MX Gauges

Post by water01 »

Steve I was playing with gauges.htm in the interface to see why the gauges would not show my rain gauge and rain rate calibrations, when it occurred to me that Mark's original code used a cookie to decide how to display rain, wind speed, pressure and Temperature units.

I wondered how you did this in the code and then found that you did it the same way but there is no cookie. So I set the defaults to my defaults in the code and bingo it all worked!!

Excuse the gauges I was trying to make them look like my web page gauges!!

So it looks like the fix is to somehow store a local cookie or give people an extra area to set their stored settings or pass those from Cumulus MX because you have the settings in the Settings interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Cumulus MX Gauges

Post by mcrossley »

At some point I'll look at the MX gauges and update them to the latest 2.5 version of the code and give that back to Steve. I want to get 2.5 fully tested first though. Also I'm not sure if Steve would want the cookie enabling by default - my code 'should' run with or without it, but I always enable it, and so has every other site I have seen. But that dang EU regulation is still there...
water01

Post by water01 »

That would be great and then we would have the cloud base dial. Been running 2.5 gauges on my web site for at least 2 weeks no problems, and I know gauges.js code quite well which is why I decided to have a go at fixing the MX gauges!!
David
water01

Post by water01 »

Just to confirm that certainly in 3010 all the gauges in Cumulus MX interface are displaying correctly. Think they were also doing so in 3009/3008 but I saw that the known issue was still open.
David