Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

My impressions until now (3006, RPI + Raspbian, WH-3080)

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

henkg
Weather Station: WH3080 (Alecto WS-5000 ECO)
Operating System: Raspbian Wheezy on RPI B+

My impressions until now (3006, RPI + Raspbian, WH-3080)

Post by henkg »

In general: almost perfect already!
Probably the way I test is different from other beta testing. I started without any history, and a newly created Cumulus.ini, (Why: I used RPI+PYWWS the last year although I did use Cumulus1 for Windows before that time).
So my experiences might be helpful for the final release, which will be used by new users without Cumulus1 experience and/or history.

In detail:
Nothing urgent, most is for later / much later. Maybe for never ...

Running mono on RPI:
Installing screen and running CumuluxMX.exe on (re)boot (mod in /etc/rc.local) is something for a help file or the Wiki.

RPI CPU usage when processing files:
Over 95% for about 3 minutes. I changed the upload interval from 5 to 10 minutes to be on the safe side.
So running a webserver on the RPI might be too heavy for the RPI. Maybe later, if/when mono is optimized. (having an all in one solution on one RPI would be nice though)

The Steelseries gauges:
New to me. Looks great.
Since SS is default now, it would be nice to have realtimegaugesT.txt processed automatically, without having to upload it with Extra web file settings.

The trend graphs:
Unit labels are fixed (e.g. windspeed mph). When using m/s this might be confusing for viewers.
Sometimes a graph has a timerange of a few hours, instead of 24 hrs. Refreshing the page does not help. Closing all browser windows does (Windows IE11).
It would be very nice to have a few graphs for a 28 days period, especially for temperature min/max, pressure and rainfall.

Trends.htm
The time zone as set in the OS is not used. The text is fixed, and shows:
The times on the graphs are shown in your local time zone. This station's location uses UTC (UTC+1 in summer)
Now I know, it is easy for me to customize this to my local fixed text in Trends.htm (or delete the UTC part).

The monthly records:
Upcoming months show 0 or -999 / 999 values.
Weird data also show up on the This Year page.

For now: CMX is great! And the beta is so much fun to play with, investigate and learn.
For my live data CMX runs 24/7 from last week on. And it will, even without any changes/additions in the future.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: My impressions until now (3006, RPI + Raspbian, WH-3080)

Post by steve »

henkg wrote:Since SS is default now, it would be nice to have realtimegaugesT.txt processed automatically, without having to upload it with Extra web file settings.
Yes, I'll talk to Mark about the best way to approach this at some point.
Unit labels are fixed (e.g. windspeed mph). When using m/s this might be confusing for viewers.
Yes, already recorded as a known issue.
Sometimes a graph has a timerange of a few hours, instead of 24 hrs. Refreshing the page does not help. Closing all browser windows does (Windows IE11).
It's odd that closing the browser windows fixes it; perhaps the data was corrupt and cached somewhere.
The times on the graphs are shown in your local time zone. This station's location uses UTC (UTC+1 in summer)
Now I know, it is easy for me to customize this to my local fixed text in Trends.htm (or delete the UTC part).
Yes, it probably needs a web tag for the time zone. Or perhaps better, the graphs should show times in the station's time zone - if I could work out how to do that!
Weird data also show up on the This Year page.
Could you show me that, please?
Steve