Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Odd thing with services uploads

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Adrian Hudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Odd thing with services uploads

Post by Adrian Hudson »

This morning I added a realtime external program.

All I did was type its name in the correct box in the settings and click save. I checked the program was being fired correctly and left it alone.

After a few hours I got an email from WU saying they had not seen my data. On investigating, it seems that putting the external program stopped the updates to all the various services.

Restarting cumulus seemed not to work - though I may not have left it long enough and been a bit hasty in coming to that concusion - so I took the external program out, restarted cumulus and set WU to one minute for testing. It took a couple of restarts but after a while it started uploading wo WU etc. so I put the external program back in, set WU back to 10 and it seems okay now.

I have attached the relevant bit of the diags
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Odd thing with services uploads

Post by steve »

Changing internet settings does seem to interfere with timer-based things like uploads. I don't yet know why it happens. Restarting always seems to get it going again for me. I'll investigate when I get a minute.
Steve