Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Server Generated Graphs for MX

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Server Generated Graphs for MX

Post by mcrossley »

And does the jpgraphs test page work?
Sadgit
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Sadgit »

the graphTempOut.php is just the same as I downloaded from here.. and what test page.

Sorry, I have a horrible feeling you are going to say I am an idiot and to step away from the keyboard shortly :S Sorry and thanks
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Both the MySQL version and the Jgraphs version assume you are using SteelSeries gauges with Cumulus MX and want to produce the graphs that appear when you run the mouse over the any particular gauge. graphTempOut.php produces the graph for the gauge that shows you the outside temperature.

Therefore graphTempOut.php should be linked to the page that produces your gauges by using the .htaccess file in the zip file for the version you are using.
David
Sadgit

Post by Sadgit »

water01 wrote:Both the MySQL version and the Jgraphs version assume you are using SteelSeries gauges with Cumulus MX and want to produce the graphs that appear when you run the mouse over the any particular gauge. graphTempOut.php produces the graph for the gauge that shows you the outside temperature.

Therefore graphTempOut.php should be linked to the page that produces your gauges by using the .htaccess file in the zip file for the version you are using.
oh not at all.. I use steel gauges and have for a long time. Maybe it has something to do with the way I migrated to cumulusMX?

see here
http://www.marton-weather.co.uk/wxssgauges.php

the pop up works but is showing the old data from the old graphs that haven't been updated since the day I migrated. I checked again in the cumulusMX settings and I have "Include graph data files" checked. This is going to be one of those "you stupid boy" moments I can feel it :S

I just used graphTempOut.php as a test link Mark did in a previous post.

Thanks for the replies.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Sadgit wrote: and what test page.
Well, the examples provided with JPGraph, for instance http://www.marton-weather.co.uk/jpgraph ... index.html. It looks like your JPGraph configuration is wrong - or you do not have PHP 5?
Sadgit

Post by Sadgit »

mcrossley wrote:
Sadgit wrote: and what test page.
Well, the examples provided with JPGraph, for instance http://www.marton-weather.co.uk/jpgraph ... index.html. It looks like your JPGraph configuration is wrong - or you do not have PHP 5?
Ah thank you. I do have php 5.5 soba configuration issue. Food for thought.
f4phlyer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: RaspBerry Pi Win 10 OSx

Post by f4phlyer »

Mark,

Thank you for raising the bar. You make me keep my head in the books.

I've looked through the thread and only see the mySQL version on the first page, while the text with the "link" says it's ver .3, however opening the graphsettings file it says ver .2 Just wondering if I'm missing something.

On another note, I'm wondering about your mySQL db's. How frequently do you update the "realtime" file and are you running a chron job to do so?
retreat at augusta pines weather
CumulusMX on Raspberry π rPi5
http://augusta-pines-weather.com / CumulusMX 4.0.0 build:4017
WeatherUnderground KTXSPRIN538
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

When I have updated those files I haven't updated the versions in all of them, only the changed file(s).

I update my real time table once a minute, I used to use a cron job, but since running CumulusMX I use the feature in MX that allows you to insert directly into the database - and the custom options allow a different time period from both your real time and logger periods. My Cumulus real time is 5 seconds for instance, and logging 5 minutes, MySQL real time 60 seconds.
f4phlyer

Post by f4phlyer »

I've got the mySQL running, working on the database but while trying to get the CumulusMX version to display I get this. I suspect it's a path error but I've tried everything in the jpg-config file to lead the jpgraph?????. php to the json file with no luck. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

It looks like the path to jp-graph is OK, but no data is being returned from the database.

I could do with adding a debugging option to these scripts...
f4phlyer

Post by f4phlyer »

Just to be sure that I've explained myself, I'm trying both versions to see which process works best for me. Longterm I'll probably go with the mySQL as I want to incorporate several of the features you have on your site.

I've got the mySQL versions running, I just need to resolve my database issues, for now I'm populating the data manually, I'm working on establishing a chron job. I'm in the process of learning how to set up a chron process. http://squeakysands-inn.net/images1/graphPress.php

The problem I am having is with the versions that are using the json data files provided by MX. It would seem that the chart PHP is either not finding the json file or not able to import the data. http://squeakysands-inn.net/images/graphPress.php

How would I go about
adding a debugging option to these scripts...
?

Thanks for all the help.

Steve
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kapo »

Hi everyone
My Steelseries weathergauges work o.k. and my graphTempOut.php and other graph.php's work o.k. in browser. Those php:s get data from my SQL. I use Cumulus MX ver. b3031.
For example: Trends temp out jpgraph. But how can I point the gauges.js to where the scripts are? I know, this is stupid question, but I cannot to get SteelSeries gauges popups to work without help :oops: :oops: ...
Thanks in advance..

regards:
kapo
water01

Post by water01 »

Use the .htaccess file that Mark supplied in the .zip file and put it into the directory where the images are held.
David
kapo
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kapo »

water01 wrote:Use the .htaccess file that Mark supplied in the .zip file and put it into the directory where the images are held.
Nothing happens... Should I write those php:s addresses somewhere? Or What should I do? I saved that .htaccess in same folder, where those php.s are, but nothing still happens? Only empty pic and those writed values.... Should I make some changes in that .htaccess, or what..? I just don't have enough skills to solve this prob... I managed to do iframes from those php:s, so they are working o.k. although I think, but that pop up is not working for me...

regards
kapo
water01

Post by water01 »

So according to your previous post the images are in http://www.kapoweather.net/kuvat/ so that is where the .htaccess should be which causes a reference for example to temp.png to translate that into a call to http://www.kapoweather.net/kuvat/graphTempOut.php

You should have the .htaccess set up so that a reference to xxxxxxx.png causes a call to the relevant PHP code so they should refer to the .png files you are making gauges.js look for in config.tipImgs for example

Code: Select all

config.tipImgs = [                                  // config.tipImgs for Cumulus users using the 'default' weather site
                    ['temp.png', 'intemp.png'],                     // Temperature: outdoor, indoor
                    // Temperature: dewpoint, apparent, windChill, heatIndex, humidex
                    ['temp.png', 'temp.png', 'temp.png', 'temp.png', 'temp.png'],
                    'raint.png',                                    // Rainfall
                    'rain.png',                                     // Rainfall rate
                    ['hum.png', 'hum.png'],                         // Humidity: outdoor, indoor
                    'press.png',                                    // Pressure
                    'wind.png',                                     // Wind speed
                    'windd.png',                                    // Wind direction
                    (config.showUvGauge ? 'uv_image.jpg' : null),         // UV graph if UV sensor is present | =null if no UV sensor
                    (config.showOzoneGauge ? 'ozonedu.png' : null),   // Ozone rad graph if Ozone sensor is present | Ozone =null if no Ozone sensor
                    (config.showRoseGauge ? 'windd.png' : null),    // Wind direction if Rose is enabled | =null if Rose is disabled
                    (config.showCloudGauge ? 'cloudbase.png' : null)    // Pressure for cloud height | =null if Cloud Height is disabled
Looks like you are using the Saratoga software so you have to match that area in gauges.js.
David