Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Things in Cumulus 1 missing from Cumulus MX

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

nicksnet
Weather Station: davis vantage pro2 inc FARS.
Operating System: windows 10

Re: Things in Cumulus 1 missing from Cumulus MX

Post by nicksnet »

Hi Steve,

Are the following tags implemented in MX:

Station System up time, Cumulus was Last Started, CPU Type, Station System Free Memory, Display Mode, Total Size of Disk, Disk Space Available To Cumulus ?

Thanks Steve,

Nick. DW7240.com
ImageImage
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

David
TgT
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar
Operating System: A20 TV box + CumulusMX

Post by TgT »

Choose extra sensor as a default, temp and hum, like in Cumulus1 for wmr928 and wmr200.
WMR928TempChannel=N
This line needs to be added in the [Station] section of the Cumulus.ini file for WMR-928 stations (and other serial stations using the same protocol, eg WMR-968) to use an 'extra' channel (see previous parameter) as your main temperature sensor, set N to the required channel
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

It already does that, since the first release, as far as I know - is it not working?
Steve
TgT

Post by TgT »

If so, then i missed out :roll: I will try and report ;)
GlueGuy2
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Linux Buster

Post by GlueGuy2 »

How about an SNMP MIB for CumulusMX?

I have a network of nearly 1,000 devices, and I keep tabs on everything with a tool called cacti (http://cacti.net). If CumulusMX had an SNMP MIB, I could create a template for Cumulus, and monitor it through cacti (or nagios). Either of these tools would allow me to set thresholds to monitor for unusual conditions (too high or low temperature, too high wind, and so on).
bp
sector950
Weather Station: "black box magic"
Operating System: BSD & UNIX

Post by sector950 »

Hi Steve, hopefully you read this one.

Would it be possible to select the EasyWeather.dat location? I understand that it is possible to do this via the .ini file but I am experimenting with your software and something called rtl_433 which I wont explain beyond it being a way to decode wireless transmitters running at 433MHz. That part (as in, decoding the wireless transmitter) part is done and works great - I can output the data in whatever format I want and decided to give Cumulus' EasyWeather.dat specification a shot. It worked great. None of this relates to the question obviously but I thought it'd be worth filling you and others in on what I've succeeded at.

So essentially as I explained above, I'm taking one black boxes output (the transmitter) and feeding it into Cumulus 1.9.4 build 1099, which I consider to be another black box obviously. That setup works great (with the occasional crash since I run Cumulus using Wine), but I'd to see if I can experiment with this further using the MX version. It'd probably be worth putting a disclaimer along the lines of "EasyWeather.dat must be located on the server" next to the file select obviously, I just want mono to parse the files location properly since I am not on Windows and can't necessarily set the location myself in the Cumulus.ini file.

Thanks. Also I've donated (same email I signed up with, if not message me back for another email it may have come from) if that adds any weight to the request.
donor
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

sector950 wrote:Would it be possible to select the EasyWeather.dat location?
Yes, I hadn't realised until recently that I hadn't included it on the UI. I can add a box for it - it's unlikely it will offer a file selection dialogue as in Cumulus 1, though. I don't really understand why you can't edit Cumulus.ini, though. I didn't think it was possible to run a Unix box without command line access, or having to edit a config file at some point.
It'd probably be worth putting a disclaimer along the lines of "EasyWeather.dat must be located on the server"
I'm not sure that's true. If you can mount the location containing the file, it can be on another machine.
Thanks. Also I've donated (same email I signed up with, if not message me back for another email it may have come from) if that adds any weight to the request.
Thank you for the donation, but no, it doesn't make any difference. I treat everyone the same, regardless of whether they have made a donation, and most of the time I don't even know whether a particular forum user has made a donation or not.
Steve
EnzoRussia
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by EnzoRussia »

Hello.
I want you to add indicators for the minimum and maximum humidity during the day.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

EnzoRussia wrote:Hello.
I want you to add indicators for the minimum and maximum humidity during the day.
Already there.
Steve
Freezeville
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Post by Freezeville »

Here are my thoughts.

Select-A-Graph - Very important.
Diary (including snowfall entry) - Nice to have.
Dayfile.txt editor - Very Important and much needed.
Alarms - Nice, not a high priority for me.
Manual ftp-update - I always use this after a restart in Cumulus 1.
Errors like ftp-time out / sensor contact lost - Needed; things can happen.
Configurable graph period - Extremely handy.
Flashing New Record - Nice to have, not a high priority for me.
Entry of 'current conditions' - Also nice to have; I've started using it lately.

My interest in this is to run it on Raspberry Pi and I just got one 2 days ago. I've had Cumulus running on it very briefly but haven't checked it out much yet. I started out using Putty with Xming for access to the Pi but have now switched to Windows Remote Desktop which I find easier, quicker and better.
TgT

Post by TgT »

I bet it was mention before, but i would like to expose three functions I really miss before winter knocks on the door.
  • dayfile editor
    todays rain
    snow input
NeilThomas
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

Along with direct access to the diary variables as mentioned above, it would be useful to be able to save the diary without having to close it. Is it also possible to have pressure trend data for yesterday, i.e. #presstrendYH, #TpresstrendYH.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
sector950
Weather Station: "black box magic"
Operating System: BSD & UNIX

Post by sector950 »

Did some testing and wanted to report that I managed to get the EasyWeather.dat location working manually and it consumes the data nice, but I've found a bug along the way. The EWInterval must be 1 or higher, whereas 0.100000001490116 worked before great with my odd setup. It works, but pulls it in every minute instead of 10 seconds. Any possibility of getting this to run like normal?

I'll edit this post later today with a zipped up MXDiag folder, Steve (I'm away from the box at the moment). It said something about 0 being an invalid value for something like System.Timers.Timer:set_Interval if I remember correctly, even though its technically 0.1.

How I got it working (on FreeBSD):

Code: Select all

EWFile=Z:\usr\home\yourname\EasyWeather.dat
EWInterval=1
donor
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'll correct it in the next build so that it's a float as in Cumulus 1.
Steve