If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

CumulusMX - RaspberyPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.5.0

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
VTHokie74
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Rasbian

Re: CumulusMX - RasperryPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.2.0

Postby VTHokie74 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:09 pm

I understand and don't expect you to support older versions. I am traveling for a few weeks and will probably upgrade when I get home later in this month. .
Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/CumulusMX/Raspberry Pi 3

jank
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy

Postby jank » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:24 pm

steve wrote:Sorry about that - I didn't realise (or had forgotten) that Jan's script gets the latest version from the forum page.

@Steve: My script should not prevent you, to update your Website.
Btw: I already noticed some days ago, that this error occure when using my scripts -s option and I already have a fix, but I had not the time to test it yet......at least some selftesting :-)
cumulusmx.jpg

So error is fixed and I will upload the update tomorrow..

Btw: I have not received an e-Mail, that this forum post is being updated but I should get one, since I subscribed to it.
Are all the subscriptions lost, since the forum software was updated ?
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:18 pm

Subscriptions shouldn't have been lost, but perhaps the database upgrade managed to lose them. Or perhaps it's something to do with the mail server.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Like Cumulus and want to support it? Please donate! Image

slashmusic
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: Raspberry Pi2 - Debian

Re: CumulusMX - RasperryPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.2.2

Postby slashmusic » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:25 pm

Version 2.5.2.2 is available [02.09.2016]

o Fixed Version check since Steve modified his forum webpage. Version check produced an error on the status page: Error on line 618
The query to get the most current verison from the forum page should now be more reliable also when page is changing

Version 2.5.2.0
cumulusmx2_5_2_0.jpg

Version 2.5.2.2
cumulusmx.jpg

(Attention: People who already using a cumulusmxsh.conf and updating from an earlier Version do NOT need to add new parameters or replace their existing cumulusmxsh.conf with the file in this update.
When running the script the first time, new Parameters will be added automatically to cumulusmxsh.conf)

New version is available in the first Post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Postby laulau » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:49 pm

jank
or
slashmusic
:? :? :? :?
Laurent

jank

Postby jank » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Both. Jank and slashmusic are the Same Person.
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspian Jessie

Postby BigOkie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Noticed a data issue in the Cumulus Now script just now..not sure if me or the script as I couldn't track down inside of it what to change.

_____ _ _____ __ __
| |_ _ _____ _ _| |_ _ ___| | | | ___ ___ _ _ _
| --| | | | | | | | |_ -| | | |- -| | | . | | | |
|_____|___|_|_|_|___|_|___|___|_|_|_|__|__| |_|_|___|_____| v1.3
© steve@sandaysoft.com

Reading current Weather Station values - refresh rate 5 minutes

Cumulus Values 06/09/16 at 16:35
Outside Temperature: 94.4 ° - Trend (30 minutes ago): 96.0 ° -> Temperature is decreasing
Min/Max Temperature: 75.7 ° at 05:40 - 97.8 ° at 15:30

Humidity: 45 % - Trend (30 minutes ago): 44 % -> Humidity is increasing
Min/Max Humidity: 41 % at 07:20 - 88 % at 15:15

Pressure: 29.949 - Trend (30 minutes ago): 29.952 -> Pressure decreasing
Min/Max Pressure: 29.943 at 02:00 - 30.053 at 09:20

Wind: 11 Wind Directon: 188 degrees
Rain: 0.00 Total Rain today: 0.00
Radiation: 3.0 W/m2 UV Index: 526
Inside Temperature: 80.6 ° CPU Temperature: 47.2 °C Inside Humidity 57 %

HIghlited section appears to have the data reversed. I suppose I could reverse the labels and solve it.

EDIT: Solved it...changed the variables close to the top of the script that use those values and it is solved.

Find this block in cumulusnow.sh

Code: Select all

VALRAD=$(ls -t $INSTPATH/data/*log.txt | head -1 |xargs tail -n1 |cut -d "$SEP" -f18)
    VALUV=$(ls -t $INSTPATH/data/*log.txt | head -1 |xargs tail -n1 |cut -d "$SEP" -f19)

Change it to this:

VALUV=$(ls -t $INSTPATH/data/*log.txt | head -1 |xargs tail -n1 |cut -d "$SEP" -f18)
    VALRAD=$(ls -t $INSTPATH/data/*log.txt | head -1 |xargs tail -n1 |cut -d "$SEP" -f19)

Solved.

reimundko
Weather Station: WS1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby reimundko » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 am

Please i need help.

Sorry, my english is not good.

I have copied the Datein everybody.
sudo chmod +x/home/pi/cumulusmx.sh
if, however, I try mt
to start sudo/home/pi/cumulusmx.sh start I get the announcement.
No file cumulusmx.sh
-bash: cumulusmx.sh: command not found

What this can lie with

VTHokie74

Postby VTHokie74 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:45 pm

reimundko wrote:Please i need help.

if, however, I try mt
to start sudo/home/pi/cumulusmx.sh start I get the announcement.
No file cumulusmx.sh
-bash: cumulusmx.sh: command not found

What this can lie with

Where did you copy the script? It would normally go in the /home/pi/CumuluMX/ directory. If it is there the command to run it and restart CumulusMX would be

sudo /home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh -r

Also make sure the path in your chmod command was the correct path or the script might not be executable.

jank

Postby jank » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:25 pm

BigOkie wrote:Noticed a data issue in the Cumulus Now script just now..not sure if me or the script as I couldn't track down inside of it what to change.

This is because my weatherstation does not support these values......and thank you very much for the advice.....I will fix it and update the script.

BigOkie wrote: _____ _ _____ __ __
| |_ _ _____ _ _| |_ _ ___| | | | ___ ___ _ _ _
| --| | | | | | | | |_ -| | | |- -| | | . | | | |
|_____|___|_|_|_|___|_|___|___|_|_|_|__|__| |_|_|___|_____| v1.3
© steve@sandaysoft.com

This looks weired.....I hope this is a display error when you copied the content of your SSH session here into the forum.....
I am talking about the ASCII code for Cumulusnow ?
Jan
Last edited by jank on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jank

Postby jank » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:29 pm

reimundko wrote:Please i need help.

Raimund it looks like you missed to insert the "space" between the Commands?
German: Du hast das leerzeichen in den Kommandos vergessen?

Please use: sudo chmod +x /home/pi/cumulusmx.sh
Ansonsten schreib mir eine PM (send me a PM....Personal message) and we continue fixing this in german
Last edited by jank on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jank

Postby jank » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 am

BigOkie wrote:Noticed a data issue in the Cumulus Now script just now..not sure if me or the script as I couldn't track down inside of it what to change.
Change it to this:

VALUV=$(ls -t $INSTPATH/data/*log.txt | head -1 |xargs tail -n1 |cut -d "$SEP" -f18)
    VALRAD=$(ls -t $INSTPATH/data/*log.txt | head -1 |xargs tail -n1 |cut -d "$SEP" -f19)

Solved.

Thank you very much BigOkie, I verified it here: http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Monthly_log_files and indeed, I mixed 2 lines. UV Index and Radiation.
I will update cumulusnow.sh to Version 1.4 here. :clap:

slashmusic
Weather Station: WS2350
Operating System: Raspberry Pi2 - Debian

Re: CumulusMX - RasperryPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.3.0

Postby slashmusic » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:21 am

Version 2.5.3.0 is available [27.09.2016]

+ Added a new Option -w which stands for "watchdog" mode
Some user are having problems starting cumulusmx.sh with the init.d script mentioned on page 1 (init.d = startup CumulusMX when system starts)

For these users I added a new parameter which can be used in cron which is running in a loop. Start Script will called every 10 Minutes
Example if you like to test:
If CumulusMX is already running use: sudo /home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh -w --> nothing happens since it is already running
If CumulusMX is being stopped use: sudo /home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh -w --> CumulusMX will be started with the script.

This parameter can be added to the crontab and will run every 10 minutes. When system is now starting, in the worst case, CumulusMX will be started 10 Minutes later. In good case after 1 Minute. In case CumulusMX is already running and the cron continues to start it every 10 minutes, this will be ignored.

Usage: Open Cron with sudo crontab -e
and add this line at the bottom
*/10 * * * * /home/pi/CumulusMX/cumulusmx.sh -w

cron-w.jpg

type: CTRL+o to save the config and leave cron

(Attention: People who already using a cumulusmxsh.conf and updating from an earlier Version do NOT need to add new parameters or replace their existing cumulusmxsh.conf with the file in this update.
When running the script the first time, new Parameters will be added automatically to cumulusmxsh.conf)

New version is available in the first Post

VTHokie74

Postby VTHokie74 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:40 am

Is the problem with "@reboot" in crontab an OS problem with Jessie? It would be nice if they could fix that. I am using the init.d script and it works fine as long as I set the wait on network at boot parameter. Anyway, thanks for the update. This is a sure way to make sure Cumulusmx runs after a power failure.

jank

Postby jank » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 pm

VTHokie74 wrote:Is the problem with "@reboot" in crontab an OS problem with Jessie? It would be nice if they could fix that.

This is what I faced, when I updated fomr Wheezy to Jessy. All my "@reboot" lines didn't work anymore and I started to research about this and I found very less info in the internet were similar findings are mentioned by others....thats the reason why I started creating a "real" Startup Script as being used by other programs when the system starts.....I hope, the init script is created correctly.......but it worked on all my different Raspberries and BananaPi's.
VTHokie74 wrote:I am using the init.d script and it works fine as long as I set the wait on network at boot parameter.

Are you talking about these 2 values: NETWORKFAILCOUNT=5 and NETWORKFAILOVER=1

What am I doing there: I am trying to ping google's DNS server (8.8.8.8) in a loop. If it is answering within 5 Minutes CumulusMX is being started. If it is not answering within $NETWORKFAILCOUNT=5 , 5 Minutes it depends on the value NETWORKFAILOVER what happens.
If NETWORKFAILOVER = 1 I am ignoring if googles DNS Server is answering.
So I am not sure, why it is not working for you......
aynway, I read on new debian releases, the complete system will wait until network is up .......but maybe I am wrong.....
VTHokie74 wrote:Anyway, thanks for the update. This is a sure way to make sure Cumulusmx runs after a power failure.

Can you confirm, that it is working for you with the -w option ?
I tested this -w function here on 2 different Raspberry 1 and 2 here, but not have a confirmation form anyone else , yet :-)

Return to “Cumulus MX”