IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

CumulusMX - RaspberyPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.5.0

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
andrea_iw2ntf
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspbian

Re: CumulusMX - RaspberyPi - Start|Stop|Restart Script V2.5.5.0

Postby andrea_iw2ntf » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:01 pm

ok, tnx

this is the result...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jank
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy

Postby jank » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello, looks like pgrep isn't working on your Raspberry (as expected)
can you check:
pgrep -v
pgrep -ia mono
pgrep -ia cron

and also pgrep -v mono did you see many PID's (don'tpaste them here....a simple yes/no would be enough :-)

I assume the command: pidof mono is showing the correct PID ?

If the command pidof mono is showing the correct PID you can simply modify the script at line 155 by changing the line from:
MONOPID=$(pgrep mono && echo)
into
MONOPID=$(pidof mono)
This is less complicated then using pgrep ....not sure, why I used pgrep instead of pidof.

anyways, let me know if you did not feel confortable to change a line in the code of the script, in this cae, I can send you a modified file ?
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

andrea_iw2ntf
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspbian

Postby andrea_iw2ntf » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:42 pm

WOW

now it works properly! It was in line n. 188.

PID is displayed correctly

I attach the file

It could be called script V2.5.5.1

tnx! Andrea iw2ntf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bab5871
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jesse RPi3

Postby bab5871 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:11 pm

So I've been logging into the pi, starting screen then doing a sudo mono cumulusmx.exe... Some times CumulusMX will error out and throw an exception which mono keeps running until you hit ctrl c to close it out. Will this script address any crashes like this and restart cumulus?

jank
Weather Station: weatherstation
Operating System: Debian Wheezy

Postby jank » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:32 am

bab5871 wrote:So I've been logging into the pi, starting screen then doing a sudo mono cumulusmx.exe... Some times CumulusMX will error out and throw an exception which mono keeps running until you hit ctrl c to close it out. Will this script address any crashes like this and restart cumulus?

What you are looking for is a kind of watchdog. This script is not a watchdog it is just an easy way to manage Mono/CumulusMX but it is not checking for any errors thrown by these programs (exceptions).
Regarding the exceptions you constantly get....have you ever tried to use another RaspberrryPi? Maybe it is a simple hardware (Memory) problem or your SD Card is damaged ?

Btw: Found this topic here...maybe it is interesting for you ?
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17095
Want to see your Station values on SSH? Cumulusnow http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14062
Want a Start|Stop|Restart Script for CumulusMX on RaspberryPi? cumulusmx.sh http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

Return to “Cumulus MX”