Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Pressure Extremes

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Paulu
Weather Station: WH1081 & WS3600
Operating System: Win 7

Pressure Extremes

Post by Paulu »

Hello Chaps, I've just installed MX on Win7 and noticed that on the settings pages the upper and lower settings for air pressure are not being displayed correctly on the gauges.

Regardless of the input value the gauges allways display a range of 980 to 1030mb.

I'm also noticing that using MX's internal forcaster, Well it keeps predicting rain? Even though the last two days have been sunny and fine.

So I was wondering if this was tied into the incorrect pressure setting

I hope I'm not replicating previous reports, but I couldn't find any reference to this issue anywhere else on the forum. This is with version 3025.

Kind Regards Paul
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Pressure Extremes

Post by steve »

The pressure extreme settings are just for the forecast. I believe the extremes shown on the gauges are the all-time high and low for your station.
Steve
Paulu

Post by Paulu »

Hi Steve, Wow fast reply. The settings page does allow me to input changes but the changes are not reflected on the Gauges. I'll keep an eye on the gauges to see if the displayed ranges do infact follow the new pressure limits as they occur.

Does the internal forcasting utilize the user input pressure limits or does it use the "Learned" limits from the users location?

Regards Paul
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The pressure extremes in the 'forecast' part of the Station Settings are just for the forecast, and those are the only extremes used by the forecast. These settings have nothing to do with the gauges, the gauges display the high and low from your all-time records. The pressure extreme settings do not affect your all-time high and low, they are separate settings just for the forecast. The pressure extremes used by the forecast do not need to exactly match your actual recorded high and low, and in most cases they would not.
Steve
Paulu

Post by Paulu »

Hi Steve, Thanks for the explanation, the penny as they say has now dropped!

Regards Paul