Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX-Steelseries gauges not displaying

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

MX-Steelseries gauges not displaying

Post by forestedge »

I have been running Cumulus 1 and Steelseries gauges along with standard webpages for some time with no problem. After setting up MX it runs fine so far apart from the gauges not displaying.

The realtimegaugesT.txt and gaugesT.htm are being processed by MX and files are being updated on the server as the attached file. As I was already running Steelseries on the website, I did not upload any other MX webfiles. Do I need to upload all of them or just selected ones and will I be able to still switch between Cumulus 1 and MX ?

Thanks for any assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duke

Re: MX-Steelseries gauges not displaying

Post by duke »

Cumulus and MX need a different format 'realtimegauges.txt template. If I recall, Mark has made both available in the gauges .zip

Also, viewing your page source, there appears to be no link to the required gauges css or js.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Cumulus and MX need a different format 'realtimegauges.txt template. If I recall, Mark has made both available in the gauges .zip
Correct in the .zip file in weather-server\Cumulus file there is realtimegaugesTMX.txt which should be used for MX. Just copy it over the top of realtimegaugesT.txt, assuming you are running only MX. If you alternate between MX and Cumulus 1 you will have to the two different files and upload realtimegaugesTMX.txt to realtimegauges.txt for MX and realtimegaugesT.txt to realtimegauges.txt for Cumulus 1.
David
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You need to upload the contents of the webfiles folder so that the gauges (and charts) work. The content of the webfiles folder is not the same as in Cumulus 1, there are additional javascript files to upload. The structure is arranged to keep third-party code together, so the structure may not be the same as you were using for Cumulus 1.
Steve
forestedge

Post by forestedge »

Many thanks for the prompt responses, I will revert to Cumulus 1 while I sort out the MX web files.
forestedge

Post by forestedge »

I have uploaded the new MX webfiles . Now receiving an error message in the command line and cannot open the MX console to tell MX to process the realtimegaugesTMX.txt.
Diags file attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It looks like you are not running MX elevated (as Administrator).
Steve
forestedge

Post by forestedge »

Thanks, I now have it working apart from the gauges and charts! The ticker is displaying an error message.
parsererror Syntax Error: JSON parse unexpected character at line 72 col 117 of JSON data.

The contents of the MX webfiles have been uploaded again and the correct realtimegauges file uploaded. Is there a conflict between the Cumulus 1 and MX files on the webserver?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your realtimegauges.txt file - http://www.tottonweather.co.uk/realtimegauges.txt - is the original template, with unprocessed web tags in it rather than actual data. Perhaps you haven't ticked the 'process' box for it? Also, it's actually the template from Cumulus 1 - the template supplied with MX is very slightly different, because the date and time format strings are different.
Steve
forestedge

Post by forestedge »

Thanks Steve, that's cracked it :D , I had MX rather than TMX in the local file name.