Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Degraded allocation warning messages

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Degraded allocation warning messages

Post by steve »

That sounds like a local message rather than something coming back from the ftp server - i.e. for some reason the ftp code in MX is locked out from accessing realtime.txt at that time. Do you just have the 'standard' realtime.txt settings - i.e. MX is handling it all, or are you doing anything else with realtime.txt?

I don't understand why there's no corresponding entry in the ftp log for realtime.txt, it always logs a timestamped message "Uploading realtime.txt to...." just before it attempts the upload.
Steve
radilly
Weather Station: Ambient WS-2080
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 3, OS Buster Lite

Re: Degraded allocation warning messages

Post by radilly »

In case anyone else runs into this message, I thought I'd mention what I just posted to https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ze#p126335. In a nutshell, it seems setting an environment/shell variable for mono did the trick for me...

Code: Select all

MONO_GC_PARAMS=nursery-size=8m
I've yet to notice any undesirable side-effects.

Cheers,
Bob
Cheers,
Bob