Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

COM Port

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

malmeida
Weather Station: Maplin N96FY
Operating System: Raspbian

Re: COM Port

Post by malmeida »

I tried to replace paragraph to comma in the first days of dayfile.txt but I couldn´t because the lines are too long. Maybe it is better to delete days 4 to 9 of October.
dayfile.zip
I also attach Out16log.txt:
dayfile.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

If you can't correct whatever it is you've done to dayfile.txt, then the best thing is to delete those lines.

I've spent 45 minutes looking at your log file, and I don't think there's a problem with the log file after all. I think the problem is that the system isn't expecting comma decimals at that point for some reason. A bug in the version of Mono you're using, perhaps. What version are you using? Please don't tell me it's 3.2.8!
Steve
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I deleted those lines in dayfile.txt. My mono version is 3.2.8.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I downloaded all packages of mono. It took a long time because internet is very slow. Now I have mono 4.6.1 and it seems all menus of CumulusMX are running well.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

When I opened the local address it seemed that the menus were running but the site keep the values obtained with the old version of mono. After loading the new version of mono the site stayed blocked.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Some versions of Mono don't work with USB stations, as documented elsewhere on the forum. As I understand it 4.0.x works. The default 3.2.8 works fine for the majority of users (those who don't use commas for decimals).
Steve
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I brought the station to Porto in order to have faster internet. Here, I uninstalled mono 4.6.1 and installed mono 4.0.5. It uploaded all values from the station since October 29 and all menus of the local address:8998 are running very well. At the site only the Gauges menu is not running.
I attach the last MXdiags
20161101-204527.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You apparently haven't configured MX to upload the realtimegauges.txt file, as in the instructions. Note that for the remote file, you will need to put "www/realtimegauges.txt"
Steve
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

Thank you. All menus are running. Now I need to return the station to its place.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

In order to translate my site I downloaded the file PT-web.zip. I copied his six files to the web directory. I translated strings.ini to Portuguese. As there were some wrong words, I corrected some word accents of those six files. But there are two pages that become much worst: "gauges" are not anymore steel gauges and "trends" have only the temperature graph and the quality is bad. I tried to find in wiki some information but I am confused. Now I keep "gauges" and "trends" in English.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I forgot another fault of the Portuguese version. The menu has only 7 options. The English version has 10 options. Portuguese menu doesn't have "this month", nor "this year", nor "monthly records".
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I'm not familiar with that file, but it sounds like it was not created for MX at all, but a very old version of Cumulus 1.

Edit: I've found the page in the wiki from where you presumably downloaded the file, and added a warning that the page and the files are out of date and should not be used.
Steve
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

After some months running CumulusMX, since last Saturday the Cumulus site is blank. From MXdiags, it seems that Raspberry can´t connect to the site. I attach last MXdiags.
20170412-145705.txt
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I can't see any problems at all in the file you uploaded. MX had connected to the station and was downloading and logging data.
Steve