Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Lost connectivity with Raspian "Pixel" update

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

f4phlyer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: RaspBerry Pi Win 10 OSx

Lost connectivity with Raspian "Pixel" update

Post by f4phlyer »

I upgraded/updated my Raspberry Pi 2 with the "Pixel" upgrade. Virtually all the documentation has to do with the "Pixel" GUI desktop. No description of inner workings. Prior to the upgrade I connected to my station via a serial logger connected using a serial-to-USB dongle with Comm set to "/dev/ttyUSB0". However after the upgrade there no longer is a "ttyUSB0" device. Lots of other tty's and all the other things but no USB.

Worked fine before upgrade but with out ttyUSB I resorted to trying all the other "Dev". Found "ttyAMA0" and it seems that CumulusMX says it finds during startup as the "startup" dialog says "Connected to Station"

However MX never receives any data, index page has computed data, i.e. Sunrise, Sunset, but no station data, just zero's.

I've attached MXdiags.

Haven't found anything here or any Raspberry forums, hoping someone out there has something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
retreat at augusta pines weather
CumulusMX on Raspberry π rPi5
http://augusta-pines-weather.com / CumulusMX 4.0.0 build:4017
WeatherUnderground KTXSPRIN538