Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

station loss link with sensors..

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

takezo
Weather Station: raspberry pi
Operating System: debina

station loss link with sensors..

Post by takezo »

Hi,

I have a issue with link between my station base and sensors. The problem is that in unknow situations my station loss the link with sensors and then cumulus cannot read nothing from the sensors but complete the values as temperature, humidity and so on as CERO/0 or their respective value..
The way to fix the issue is power off and on of my station base..
I would like to know if someone can let me know if there is any way that cumulusmx can know that the station has lost the link and not collect data until can be sure that the sensors are correctly connected to the station.

any idea..?

thanks!

takezo
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: station loss link with sensors..

Post by ConligWX »

what make/type of Station do you have?

can you also post/upload your latest logfile from the /CumulusMX/MXdiags folder for Steve to have a look at.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Cumulus sets the <#SensorContactLost> web tag to 1 when the Fine Offset station reports that it has stopped receiving from the outdoor sensors. Until such time as MX offers the facility to do something about it, it would be up to you to check that value and take action. See very recent threads where someone is doing exactly that (but for the <#DataStopped> web tag).
Steve
takezo

Post by takezo »

Toxic17 wrote:what make/type of Station do you have?

can you also post/upload your latest logfile from the /CumulusMX/MXdiags folder for Steve to have a look at.
Hi
Im attaching logs.

this is my weather station model:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1941:8021 Dream Link WH1080 Weather Station / USB Missile Launcher
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
takezo

Post by takezo »

steve wrote:Cumulus sets the <#SensorContactLost> web tag to 1 when the Fine Offset station reports that it has stopped receiving from the outdoor sensors. Until such time as MX offers the facility to do something about it, it would be up to you to check that value and take action. See very recent threads where someone is doing exactly that (but for the <#DataStopped> web tag).
thanks steve,

I have double checked file Cumulus.ini and I found value: RestartIfDataStops=0 : it's this value related with your comments?

thnaks!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

No, that setting currently does nothing in MX.
Steve
takezo

Post by takezo »

steve wrote:No, that setting currently does nothing in MX.
oh, nice!! :-P

do I must to add the value manually..? or what is your recommend..?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The reason that 'restart if data stops' has not yet been implemented is that I need to find a reliable way to do it on all platforms. But this setting is nothing to with 'sensor contact lost'.

As I have said, if you want something to happen when MX detects 'sensor contact lost', you will need to check the web tag <#SensorContactLost> and you can do this using the example which was posted recently which was actually checking the <#DataStopped> web tag. You just need to do the same thing but use the <#SensorContactLost> web tag.
Steve
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

This is the update post I made to include the script I'm using currently and explanation. It uses the DataStopped tag, but as Steve said, using any other tag should work in theory as long as you change the PATTERN variable to what you're looking for to invoke the wanted action.

https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 09#p121609