Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MySQL setup

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

ternzer
Weather Station: davis vp2
Operating System: whs 2011

MySQL setup

Post by ternzer »

I searched the forum and Wiki and couldn't find a SQL setup guide.

I would like to start utilizing the CumulusMX SQL on my site but i need a little guidance. Is there a setup guide or anything? I don't really need a step by step but some basic setup info would be helpful. I am sure i can fumble through it but i would rather get it right the first time through.

thanks for the help.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: MySQL setup

Post by steve »

The setup guide is in the post where I announced the facility - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 15#p107639 - but it's really just a case of filling in the details of your server and then optionally getting Cumulus to create the table(s).

If there's anything that isn't clear it would be easier to help if you were to ask specific questions.
Steve
ternzer
Weather Station: davis vp2
Operating System: whs 2011

Post by ternzer »

Thank you Steve.

That is what i was looking for. I knew I saw that before but couldn't find it. Just what i needed - now i got it up and running.
grwkak
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by grwkak »

If you are already using the ImportCumulusFile script (I am calling it through a browser every so often, having set up a mySQL database) would enabling the mySQL in CumulusMX and using the appropriate table names etc just append data to the tables?

Guy
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I believe so, yes. If I remember correctly, I used the same schema that the ImportCumulusFile script does.
Steve
grwkak
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by grwkak »

Yes, works - tried it on an existing mySQL database and updated properly.

Thanks!

Guy