Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Installation auf raspberry

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Installation auf raspberry

Post by steve »

Just watch out for any references to built in data editors, as these are only in Cumulus 1 (apart from today's rain). All the editing with MX has to be done by stopping MX and editing the files (carefully!) in a text editor.
Steve
bajowar
Weather Station: WS 1080
Operating System: Windows 10/ RaspBerry Pi2

Post by bajowar »

What does "Last Cumulus Update" really mean? What is being updated? The weather receiver or the website with the weather report?
The displayed time is increased with me every 10 seconds. Sometimes the display stops and there is no update of the weather display. Or does Cumulus not get data via the USB interface? The green triangle in the dashboard will turn red. The green flashing light on the website will also change to red and there will be an error message. There could be a connection with large amounts of rain. As a remedy often a reboot of CumulusMX or a reboot of the Raspberry helps. The whole is very annoying because I can not sit every day at the PC.
I urgently ask for help.

Dieter
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

"Last Cumulus Update" is the last time the user interface received data from Cumulus. It should normally update every 3 seconds. Are you using the default protocol between the UI and Cumulus - web sockets - or have you modified dashboard.js to use Ajax instead? If you're not using Ajax already, you could try changing to that to see if it helps. See the announcement for build 3032 for instructions.

I don't understand "I can not sit every day at the PC". If you are looking at the display anyway (to see that it is not updating)? If you're not at your PC, why does it matter if the display isn't updating?
Steve
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

Hello Steve,
Excuse me, I had made a false statement. "Last Cumulus Update" is ok, this is error-free and is updated every 3 seconds.
The described error is in "Last Station Update" !!!! And then the website with the weather report is not updated. And I notice this when I'm on the road. I have not changed on the dashboard, but will test Ajax. I hope you can help me with this problem.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

No need to change to Ajax then. Your problem is apparently with reading data from the station. Make sure you have debug logging and data logging turned on, then attach the lattest MXdiags file after MX has been running for a while and you have observed the problem.
Steve
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

Hello Steve,
how can I turnon data and debug logging? In cumulus.ini I can not find debug and data enable. In the MXdiags I found Debug logging is disabled and Data logging is disabled. In the Cumulus.ini I found DataLogger=1
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

See the 'beta testing' post - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12991

You can also turn them on temporarily (for the current run) in the station settings screen in Cumulus.
Steve
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

Hello Steve, I have a big problem:
In "/ home / pi / CumulusMX / MXdiags" are created huge text files, which increase every 10 minutes. Cumulus searches for a file that does not exist.
In the appendix I have attached you a shortened file. Please note the text from line 116.
Hopefully you can help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Stop Cumulus and open Cumulus.ini in a text editor. Look for the line which begins "StartDate=". That is supposed to have the date that your Cumulus data started. Yours does not have a date which the system recognises as a date. It apparently has "Montag 06. März 2017" but you are using English settings, so the system expects an English date.

You need to change it so that the system recognises it, so change that line to:

StartDate=06/03/2017

The system should now recognise it and those errors won't get logged when your web files are processed.
Steve
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

Hello Steve,
thank you for your quick help.
I wish you a nice day.
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

Hello Steve,
I have a new problem. The appendix contains a section from the file MXdiags.txt. What are the warnings and how can I fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your station sent some invalid data, as is quite common with Fine Offset stations. Cumulus is doing its best to ignore the bad data.
Steve
bajowar

Post by bajowar »

Which mono version works correctly with CumulusMX and how can I install this. I have version 3.2.8 and would like to use the current version. What is the command line for installation and do I have to uninstall the old version before?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The only version I have tried is 3.2.8, which works fine. If you really want to use another version, with the risk that it might not work, there is information in the MX FAQ. Note that if you have problems, there are people on the forum who may be able to help, but I won't be able to myself.
Steve
philpugh
Weather Station: See Signature
Operating System: Debian 11 (RPi4)

Post by philpugh »

I am running mono 4.6.2 on my bananapi / debian / wheezy set up according to the following command :-
# mono -V
Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.16/ac9e222 Tue Jan 3 12:12:14 UTC 2017)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. http://www.mono-project.com
However I am using GB locale - so you may get issues with other locales.
Phil Pugh
GW1000 + WH65/WH57/WH31; HP2551 + WS68/WH40A; GW2001 WittBoy
cumulusutils generating website
http://goosegate.uk/