Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Can't Change Station type under Station Settings

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Can't Change Station type under Station Settings

Post by ronwright418 »

Replaced my FO WH1080 (6 yrs old) with a Davis Vantage Pro2. Using a Belfry Boys datalogger to attach to my PI2 running MX 3038. Can't change the Station type from 'Fine Offset' to 'Davis Vantage Pro2/Vue' -- save button stays in dotted line mode, never get 'Settings updated' popup. Other settings change normally (tried temperature offset). Have tried restarting CumulusMX and rebooting the PI2.

Starting CumulusMX results in the following, even though I manually chanced /home/CumulusMX/Cumulus.ini to 'Model=Davis Vantage Pro2/Vue':
Capture.jpg

Can I edit something to fix this? Also, is there a way to verify that my datalogger signal is working?

Thanks,
Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron Wright (ronwright418)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Can't Change Station type under Station Settings

Post by steve »

I suspect that the problem is that you're not setting the COM port correctly so MX then has a problem which means it fails to do the update correctly. What are you supplying for the serial port name?

To set the station type to Davis manually, you need to set the "Type=" value to 1. But you will also need to set the ComPortName value correctly, and the VP2ConnectionType to zero.
Steve
ronwright418
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 2

Re: Can't Change Station type under Station Settings

Post by ronwright418 »

Thanks Steve. Made those changes and it works well now. -- Ron
Ron Wright (ronwright418)