Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP Problem

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Logzy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless
Operating System: Win XP

FTP Problem

Post by Logzy »

Hi Guys,'
Im having a problem with the "Extra Web Files" whereby is see from the MXDiag that im getting an error during the FTP process.
Here is the error from the log.

2017-02-22 15:01:52.348 Starting web socket server on port 8002
2017-02-22 15:01:53.183 Error connecting ftp - 'USER ': command not understood.
2017-02-22 15:01:55.902 Error uploading web/realtimegauges.txt to realtimegauges.txt : Please login with USER and PASS.
2017-02-22 15:01:56.026 Error uploading /CumulusMX/cumulus.xmltmp to /CumulusMX/web/PWScumulus.xml : Please login with USER and PASS.

So it would appear that CumulusMX is coded to log in to the FTP server under the username 'USER ' (note the space)
For some reason the RPi is not accepting this and calling an error and asking for a username and password log in.
Last edited by Logzy on Wed 22 Feb 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: FTP Problem

Post by ConligWX »

And under Internet Settings, Web/FTP Settings you have added the correct Username and Password for the ftp account?

Scrub that see you just found the settings then ;)
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Logzy wrote:So it would appear that CumulusMX is coded to log in to the FTP server under the username 'USER ' (note the space)
No, "USER" is the command and should be followed by the username, and the error message suggests that no username is being supplied. So as Simon suggests, you possibly haven't entered your username in Cumulus - or perhaps there is a problem with the ftp server itself. Turning on ftp logging will give more useful information the ftplog,txt file.
Steve
Logzy

Post by Logzy »

Thanks for the reply.
All working now.
On another note is tjere any reason why i dont see any data when viewing my CumulusMX on an andriod phone browser.?
Works fine on the pc and ipad but i dont see "now" data, dashboard data or gauge data on the phone.
Strangely i do see the graphs.
jdc
Weather Station: Davis VP2 : Instromet
Operating System: Win 10

Post by jdc »

Just checked, and CumulusMX doesn't display data on basic Android 'Internet' browser, but works fine on Chrome or FF for Android.
Last edited by jdc on Fri 24 Feb 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The basic browser probably doesn't support "web sockets" - see the MX FAQ for what you can about this, if you want to.
Steve
Logzy

Post by Logzy »

JDC,
I should have mentioned, I am using Chrome on the android phone its all i ever use. Still no data.