If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Steel gauges stopped working?

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7; Linux

Steel gauges stopped working?

Postby ExperiMentor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm using Cumulus MX with out-of-the-box unamended webpages, running on a Raspberry Pi.
Everything has been working perfectly until the last few days, when the Steel gauges started working only intermittently, now they seem to have stopped altogether. Other parts of the webpages (charts etc) are fine, and the gauges appear correctly, but all read 'zero' (or rather, bottom of the scale).

I understand that the gauge 'software' is located elsewhere with the RPi just providing the values to display - so where do I look to solve this issue?
Does anyone else have a problem?

You should be able to see my gauges at http://89.XXX.3.112:8998/gauges.html (replace the XXX with 217)

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Steel gauges stopped working?

Postby steve » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Web socket connections to port 8002 are failing - do you have that port open on your firewall?
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Like Cumulus and want to support it? Please donate! Image

ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7; Linux

Postby ExperiMentor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Thanks, I didn't, and forwarding port 8002 to the RPi has instantly fixed the problem!
I suppose at least it means my firewall is doing its job.

Is this a new requirement? I have never opened that port previously and it was working fine!

The 'intermittent' is likely because (although I had not realised it) there was no problem over my internal LAN

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 pm

ExperiMentor wrote:Is this a new requirement? I have never opened that port previously and it was working fine!

The Dashboard, Now and Gauges pages have always used web sockets and always on port 8002, by default.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Like Cumulus and want to support it? Please donate! Image

Return to “Cumulus MX”