If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Upload extra sensor data to Wunderground

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
engolling
Weather Station: WH3080 + Custom Station
Operating System: Raspbian

Upload extra sensor data to Wunderground

Postby engolling » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Hello,
I would like to upload some extra data like soil temperature to wunderground with Cumulus MX.
I already tried to edit the cumulus.ini as described in this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10777#p95209, but it does not seem to work.
Is this feature implemented in MX, or am I doing something wrong.

Regards,
Stefan

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Upload extra sensor data to Wunderground

Postby steve » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 pm

The code is in MX, and I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Did you edit Cumulus.ini with MX stopped? If you turn on debug logging (and unset 'rapid fire' temporarily if you have that set) then the MXdiags file will show the string being sent to WU. Note that problems with WU uploads are often due to problems at WU, see other recent posts about this.

Silly question: You do actually have a Davis station, with a soil temperature sensor? Your forum profile says otherwise.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Like Cumulus and want to support it? Please donate! Image

engolling
Weather Station: WH3080 + Custom Station
Operating System: Raspbian

Postby engolling » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.
I enabled debug logging and I send the following to wunderground:

Code: Select all

2017-03-15 19:50:00.606 http://weatherstation.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=IAUERBAC13&PASSWORD=********&dateutc=2017-03-15+18%3A50%3A00&winddir=348&windspeedmph=0.9&windgustmph=2.0&windspdmph_avg2m=0.9&winddir_avg2m=348&humidity=83&tempf=44.8&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.00&baromin=30.430&dewptf=40.0&UV=0.0&solarradiation=0&[b]soiltempf=40.0[/b]&softwaretype=Cumulus%20v3.0.0&action=updateraw
2017-03-15 19:50:02.160 WU Response: OK: success

This means for me the soil temperature is beeing sent to wu.

If I look on wunderground no soiltemp ist displayed. So it seems to be an issue with wu, I also checked the upload protocol documentation again and everything should work fine.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IAUERBAC13
Has anyone an idea what else could be wrong with my wu account?

Concerning the station - i have my selfmade station, emulating a Davis station for communication with cumulus.

Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Postby Werk_AG » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:13 am

Has anyone an idea what else could be wrong with my wu account?

Perhaps there isn't anything wrong with your account, it's just a WU bug which seems to not affect everyone.
On the WU webpage, try to change the display units to ºF and you will see that your Soil Temperature will be shown correctly.

I reported this problem to WU some months ago, after some time (a month or so) I get a reply from them telling me that it could be a bug, but until now seems they haven't corrected it.

Return to “Cumulus MX”