Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Feature request: Multiple Twitter schedules and templates

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

eichmat
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Feature request: Multiple Twitter schedules and templates

Post by eichmat »

Just setup CMX to post current conditions hourly. It would be great if I could setup multiple schedules with different source templates.

I'd like to post the station's forecast every 6 or 12 hours, daily high/lows at the end of the day, and when a record is set.

Just putting it out there.

Thank you,

-Tim
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Re: Feature request: Multiple Twitter schedules and templates

Post by jlmr731 »

Cumulus MX does tweet for you, but I see you want more. here is one way to do this, depending on your OS you will have to find a twitter client that can post from a txt file at the time you want it too. Example I use twidge in linux (there has to be client for every os too) and have Cumulus processes a file that outputs it to txt with the current values. then the client posts the contents of file, and with the power of Cumulus and all the tags that are included you can get any values you need. this maybe the way to go, and you have control of what is tweeted and at what times.
As for a record setting day, or value it may take a bit of scripting to do that but it can be done.
eichmat
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Feature request: Multiple Twitter schedules and templates

Post by eichmat »

Thanks! I'm running Windows 10 (Zotac ZBOX that came with Win 8.1 with Bing then free upgrade to 10...), so I know I'm hampered a little bit when it comes to support software (just glad CMX is here). And I'm not prepared to port over to linux... just yet...

Didn't find anything like twidge off the bat for Windows, but after reading your post, I just found the TweetTX scripts. TweetTX was pretty easy to get working and supported Weather Blues include variable file so easy to customize the text (just make a php file for each tweet type and the php posts when the page is called (need to add a robots file in that folder so Google doesn't start posting on me...])... it just means I need to use the Custom HTTP call feature to call a PHP page that then posts.

Only limits there so far are that CMX only supports one URL per event type (seconds, minutes, and EOD), the minutes option only supports up to 60 (while seconds is free-form), and both timers start when CMX starts (so if I set the forecast call using the 14,440 seconds [4-hours], it starts 4-hours after CMX starts...

I guess that isn't a crime for now... lets me get two out of my three goals (forecast and EOD) running now while I keep searching.

Thanks for the twidge tip...