Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX running under Windows 10

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

nicksnet
Weather Station: davis vantage pro2 inc FARS.
Operating System: windows 10

CumulusMX running under Windows 10

Post by nicksnet »

Afternoon.....

Anybody here running CumulusMX under Windows 10 ?

The reason why I ask is I was running it with no problems, but since installing an update and the system resetting everything, now CumulusMX refuses to start, instead it trys to run on another Com Port, which I don't get !

Previous version of Cumulus runs fine, set on correct com port, works under Weatherlink as well, just to make sure about correct com port allocation.  The Davis console uses a UBS Weatherlink Dongle, then through Weatherlink the software chooses com port 6.  I've tried unplugging all USB devices in the hope of the dongle setting up on the right port, but to no avail.....go figure !  Why should the previous version work fine ? Trying to run CumulusMX results in incorrect com port being chosen, I don't get that, even when everything is disconnected, still no dice.

Then I thought about Microsoft and the NET 4.5 software, Windows 10 installs version 4.52 by default, is this the problem ? Damn Windows 10 is a pain as far as hardware goes, it's supposed to be backwards compatible.....that's a joke !!

Any suggestions would be great, would love to get MX back up, if only to get all my graphs back and get SQL updated.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

OK Forgot I can reassign ports - woops......old head forgot.....All sorted !! MX working fine. Interesting about the fact that Microsoft's Edge browser in the latest Windows 10 update doesn't like the CumulusMX interface, and refuses to show it, saying it can't find the page - weird !! I loaded in the trust worthy old Internet Explorer, and there you go - Interface loads in, displays all good.......

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Nick. dw7240.com.
ImageImage
tedbmoss
Weather Station: ambient 1400, 2080
Operating System: win 10

Re: CumulusMX running under Windows 10

Post by tedbmoss »

I was surprised how easy it was to get Cumulus to run on Win 10. I plugged in my Ambient weather ws-2080 into usb and started the software. :lol: