If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

realtimegauges.txt - available from API?

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 17.04)

realtimegauges.txt - available from API?

Postby freddie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 am

I upload the realtimegauges.txt to my website every 5 seconds. I think it would be more efficient to call the API for the same data on demand, as the daily number of hits on my gauges page is far less than 17280 (number of uploads of realtimegauges.txt in 24 hours). I can easily proxy the call to realtimegauges.txt to the API. My question is - are the contents of realtimegauges.txt generated from an API call? If so, may I know the URI for the call, please?
Freddie

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: realtimegauges.txt - available from API?

Postby steve » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:41 am

I would have to boot up my laptop to check for certain, but I'm pretty sure there is no API call for the actual file contents as it's generated in the usual way by processing a template file. However, when used as part of the user interface the data is obtained via an API call, if you look at the JavaScript file you should be able to see it. That might be a way to do what you want.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Like Cumulus and want to support it? Please donate! Image

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 17.04)

Re: realtimegauges.txt - available from API?

Postby freddie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:50 am

steve wrote:when used as part of the user interface the data is obtained via an API call, if you look at the JavaScript file you should be able to see it
Very true - I should've thought of that myself, and saved asking the question. Thank you for the swift reply.
Freddie

Return to “Cumulus MX”