Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Postby Werk_AG » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:22 am

Contrary to Cumulus1 which reads the type of the rain gauge (metric or imperial) from the value stored in console Eeprom, it seems that CumulusMX assumes a default value based on the units selected for rain. I'm wrong?
If I select mm each rain tip is multiplied by 0.2mm, but if I select in as unit, then each rain tip is automatically multiplied by 0.254mm.
There is any setting that we could add to Cumulus.ini to make CumulusMX count each rain tip as 0.2mm independently of the selected units?

This setting seems to not be effective with CumulusMX_
DavisRainCollectorModel=X

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Postby steve » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:22 pm

MX uses VPrainGaugeType, see the MX announcement post, and the wiki entries for Cumulus.ini and Cumulus.ini (beta) for details and explanation (DavisRainCollectorModel mirrors a setting in the Davis DLL, which is not used by MX).
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have from my day job

Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Postby Werk_AG » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:55 am

Thank you Steve.
I confess that I forgot to first do a search on the MX announcement post.

Kind regards
Werk_AG

Return to “Cumulus MX”