If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Problem: Aercus WS3083 station and MX ....

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
odintheterrible
Weather Station: Aercus WS3083 Wireless
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Problem: Aercus WS3083 station and MX ....

Postby odintheterrible » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi,
After buying the Aeurcus WS3083 station a while back I took the opportunity to convert to Cumulus MX.
Everything has been going OK. However, yesterday, I received a notice advising that the data from the station had stopped; which was a bit of a surprise as the base station is showing all of the data.
So, I've renewed all of the batteries with AA Lithium units, rebooted everything and still Cumulus MX reports that it cannot access the data ... even though the main screen (plugged into the PC with USB cable) is still showing all of the real time data.
Anyone offer a reason for this behaviour please ??

Thanks
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !

AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Problem: Aercus WS3083 station and MX ....

Postby AllyCat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi,

It sounds like the classic "USB Lockup" issue with the (more recent) Fine Offset stations. A quick forum search found around 50 threads on the topic; basically you probably need to set the "Synchronise Fine Offset Reads" option. But here is a thread with an answer from the horse's mouth. ;)

Cheers, Alan.

vr34
Weather Station: Aercus Instruments WS3083
Operating System: Windows 7, CumulusMX build 3043

Re: Problem: Aercus WS3083 station and MX ....

Postby vr34 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi,
My PWS is also an Aercus Instrument WS3083 that often stops sending its data to the PC due to the wellknown @!#@ USB lockup
My PWS was previoulsy connected to my old win7 netbook, without any battery in the WS display (the display is powered by the USB):
1) none of my several attempts modyfiying the "synchronise Fine Offset Reads" option did not fix the lockup. :(
2) a simple reboot of the pc is sufficient to shortly switch off/on the PWS display but is not sufficient to kill the lockup. :(
Now my PWS is connected to my new Raspberry Pi3:
Rebooting the RPi is sufficient to kill the lockup :D
I am a newbie in Raspbian but recently succeeded to create a short python script (my first script!) that check the value of the outside temperature. If the last 5 consecutive values of realtime.txt are the same, the program boots the RPi. Of course, /etc/rc.local file is completed to automatically start CumulusMX at boot and, thx to steve, CumulusMX allows to periodicaly run any external program: my py script :D
If you are interested in this short py script and its setup with RPi and CumulusMX, please tell me.
Regards,
vr34

Return to “Cumulus MX”