Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Problem: Error on exiting CumulusMX on raspberry pi

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Problem: Error on exiting CumulusMX on raspberry pi

Postby falkunmalti » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi

I have installed CumulusMX on my raspberry pi 3 and mono 3.2.8. It runs fine but when I exit the program with Ctrl-C, the program exists but then gives me an error saying that Mutex is not owned. As requested, I am attaching the zipped MXDiags folder. The error is contained in 20071005-11 5954.txt. I have no idea what is wrong here but it has been happening lately. I hope somebody can help please. Thanks in advance. MXDiags.tar is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem: Error on exiting CumulusMX on raspberry pi

Postby steve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:12 pm

It's happening when the ftp client is closing down. Are you having any ftp problems, as far as you know?
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

falkunmalti

Postby falkunmalti » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:18 pm

steve wrote:It's happening when the ftp client is closing down. Are you having any ftp problems, as far as you know?

Not that I am aware of. What is Cumulus ftp'ing? to my website? Those updates seem to be working fine. You can see for yourself at www.laferla.ca/weather.

steve
Cumulus Author

Postby steve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Yes, ftp is only used for upload to your own web site. If you're not having any issues, just ignore the error message.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

falkunmalti

Postby falkunmalti » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:36 pm

steve wrote:Yes, ftp is only used for upload to your own web site. If you're not having any issues, just ignore the error message.

As it is, it doesn't always happen. What is mutex by the way?

steve
Cumulus Author

Postby steve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:40 pm

A mutex is a flag which controls access by multiple program threads to a single resource.
Steve
-----

falkunmalti

Postby falkunmalti » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:01 pm

steve wrote:A mutex is a flag which controls access by multiple program threads to a single resource.

I guess if the error message says "mutex is not owned" obviously this must be the error. How can I :own" it?

steve
Cumulus Author

Postby steve » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 am

You can’t, it’s referring to a software thread, not something you have any control over. The (third party) ftp component is presumably trying to release the mutex but the system thinks it doesn’t hold it now (probably already released it). Possibly a minor bug in the ftp component.
Steve
-----

falkunmalti

Postby falkunmalti » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:50 am

steve wrote:You can’t, it’s referring to a software thread, not something you have any control over. The (third party) ftp component is presumably trying to release the mutex but the system thinks it doesn’t hold it now (probably already released it). Possibly a minor bug in the ftp component.

Got it Steve, thanks. for your trouble. I won't worry about it unless it gives trouble but I was curious!

Return to “Cumulus MX”