Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Pressure readings CumulusMX and wxnow.txt

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Pressure readings CumulusMX and wxnow.txt

Postby falkunmalti » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi

I wonder if someone can help. I have noticed a large difference in the pressure readings displayed in the CumulusMX gauges and the number copied into the wxnow.txt. For example right now, the reading on the gauge is 1008, which does agree with the Oregon Scientific Weather display, but the number copied into the wxnow.txt is 1017.5. Is there any reason why the two numbers should differ? The other numbers seem to be ok.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
VA3JLF

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Pressure readings CumulusMX and wxnow.txt

Postby steve » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm

As noted in the wiki page about the wxnow.txt file, the pressure in wxnow.txt is altimeter pressure rather than MSLP (as that’s the way CWOP want it). Altimeter pressure is calculated from the absolute pressure from your station and your configured altitude.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: Pressure readings CumulusMX and wxnow.txt

Postby falkunmalti » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:00 pm

steve wrote:As noted in the wiki page about the wxnow.txt file, the pressure in wxnow.txt is altimeter pressure rather than MSLP (as that’s the way CWOP want it). Altimeter pressure is calculated from the absolute pressure from your station and your configured altitude.

Thanks Steve, I knew there had to be a reason for that.

Return to “Cumulus MX”