Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PressOffset

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

malmeida
Weather Station: Maplin N96FY
Operating System: Raspbian

PressOffset

Post by malmeida »

I have a Maplin N96GY weather station running with Cumulus MX v.3.0.0, build 3043 script 2.5.3.0 and I compared the pressure values of Cumulus with an official station nearby. My values were 8.5 hPa lower. As it seems that it is not possible to calibrate the Maplin station, I stopped Cumulus, and edited cumulus.ini PressOffset, changing from zero to 8. The differences between both stations didn't changed. I stopped cumulus again and changed PressOffset from 8 to 16. There were no differences changes. My station keep with pressure values 8.5 hPa below the ones from the official station. What can I do?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: PressOffset

Post by steve »

You probably need to set the relative pressure on your station (i.e. calibrate it). Instructions are in the manual.

I don't know why the pressure offset apparently didn't have any effect, perhaps you made a mistake editing cumulus.ini - the normal way to change the setting would be to use the MX user interface, perhaps you had a reason for not using that.
Steve
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I increased the relative pressure in the station display by 8.4 hPa but the situation keeps the same: my pressure values still are 8.2 bellow the official station values.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Is your station now showing the desired figure (when you have ‘rel’ selected)? If so, have you restarted Cumulus after changing the setting in your console?
Steve
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

After restarting CumulusMX, the Pressure values of Cumulus are still 8.2 bellow. I don´t know what are the values of the station because I am far away from it. When I go there I will check it
Meanwhile I would like to add some other tables and graphs to the site. For that I followed the instructions of ImportCumulsFile, editing and uploading the php file. When I try "http://www.scomba.co.uk/ImportCumulusFi ... t17log.txt", I receive:
Running from web server
Script start: 13/11/17 - 18:42:44
Importing file: Out17log.txt, To table: Diario ...
Failed to connect to the database server - Access denied for user 'scomba'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
If I use another password I receive:
Running from web server
Error: Failed security key check:the password
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If you zip up and attach the latest file from the MXdiags folder, I’ll take a look.

Regarding the database problem, I think you are using my hosting? I will have to have a look on my laptop to see what I have set up for you. I would have sent you a username and password when I set up the database for you, those are the ones you are using, not your ftp credentials?

You seem to be trying to populate the dayfile table using a monthly log rather than dayfile.txt.
Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

malmeida wrote:ImportCumulusFile.php?type=dayfile&key=mypassword&file=Out17log.txt"
Error: Failed security key check:the password
Mark knows that ImportCumulusFile.php script better than me, but I think "key=" is something internal to that script. I believe you define in the script an extra key (known only to you) and then the script checks that you quote that key to try to prevent someone else who has a copy of the script running it against your database. In the Wiki it gives an example
and I think that example is totally wrong as I agree with Steve that you have specified the wrong file= parameter for the input. I believe if type=dayfile, then file=dayfile.txt.

This is nothing to do with the username and password that was supplied for your database (by Steve or whoever), note that username and password does not appear in the query-string. I believe Mark suggests that you use the "require" command within PHP to include those details from a separate script in a secure location and not in the ImportCumulusFile.php script that could possibly be intercepted.
Last edited by sfws on Mon 13 Nov 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I think perhaps the example in the wiki has the same problem - specifying a monthly log for the dayfile?
Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

I realised that and edited my post to say that as you were adding your post!

Mark - have a look at the Wiki - all the edits on that page are by you!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Manuel, there was no database associated with your web hosting account, and I couldn't find a record of you asking for one to be created, apologies if I've missed it. I've created one for you and sent you a private message with the details. Note that you will need to edit any scripts you use so that they use your database name.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

sfws wrote:I realised that and edited my post to say that as you were adding your post!

Mark - have a look at the Wiki - all the edits on that page are by you!
Wiki fixed, but I haven't looked in the script itself as the header also contains example usages iirc.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

When the station shows 1020,9hPa, official station shows 1019,92hPa. When Cumulus/now shows 1012,6hPa official station shows 1020,12hPa. When Cumulus/graphs shows 1012,6hPa official station shows 1020,12hPa.
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

Here are the last MXdiags.
20171113-214302.zip
20171112-153903.zip
20171111-120356.zip
20171104-222005.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I’m confused. If those are the latest four diags files, you haven’t actually had any data from Cumulus since you restarted it after you first posted in this thread, so I don’t understand where you are getting the readings from that you have quoted.

On all of the restarts after 5th November, Cumulus has been unable to connect to your station - “Fine Offset station not found”. So you have a communication problem with your station.
Steve
malmeida

Post by malmeida »

I have restarted CumulusMX but it still doesn´t comunicate with the station. The values in the dashboard are zero.